Audio-Technica AT2020 Handheld Cardioid Side-Address Microphone
• Desktop condenser microphone for audio recordings such as interviews or podcasts
• Cardioid side-address pickup to detect audio from a specific direction, isolating background noise to give you a higher quality sound
• XLR connection that supplies the microphone with a 48V phantom power for operations
• A sensitivity of -37dBv allows you to get an excellent response to quieter soundsWhat is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using phantom power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone is uniquely vertical in its operation. This microphone has a cardioid polar pattern, which means it is more sensitive to sounds from its side at a 120 degree angle. The pickup is based in one direction, which makes it effective for isolating unwanted sound as well as giving it a high resistance to feedback.
What would I use this microphone with?
The microphone is a condenser type with a cardioid polar pattern, and its desk-mounted design makes it perfect for use in a studio or at home. The wide angle pickup makes it suitable for a range of purposes such as recording demo tracks, interviews, podcasts or voiceovers. It can pick up loud noises without distortions and won’t be affected by feedback from your speakers when facing the right way.
| Transducer type
| Polar pattern
| Product type
|| Desk mounted
| Impedance (Ohms)
|| 100 ohm
|| -37 dB
| Connection type
| Cable length
|| Not included
| Detachable cable
| On/off switch
|| 52 x 162 mm
| Net weight
|| 345 g
|| 2 years
| Package contents:
|| AT2020 microphone
|| Stand mount
|| 1 x threaded adapter
|| Soft pouch
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.