Audio-Technica ATR4697 Condenser Boundary Microphone
• Condenser boundary microphone that is ideal for recording interviews, voiceovers, commentary or dictation
• Omni-directional pickup to allow audio to be recorded from any direction, allowing multiple people, instruments or effects to be picked up at the same time
• 3.5mm connection for quick and easy setup with a portable audio recorder, camcorder, computer, laptop or a Mac
• 1.5m cable to allow you to put the microphone exactly where it is needed
• A sensitivity of -46dB allows you to get an excellent response to quieter soundsWhat would I use this microphone with?
This microphone will connect directly to a 3.5mm socket on devices such as portable audio recorders so that setup is quick and easy. A condenser microphone is ideal for recording podcasts or interviews to be transmitted or played back later on.
What is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all the audio of an instrument or voice. Using battery power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has an omni-directional polar pattern which means it can pick up audio from any direction. This will allow you place the microphone centrally – on a table, for example – allowing you to record easily without having to adjust the microphone. Easily capture audio from different directions, such as a two-way interview or round table discussion, without adjusting any equipment.
| Transducer type
| Polar pattern
| Product type
| Impedance (Ohms)
|| 1000 ohms
|| -46 Db
| Connection type
|| 3.5 mm
| Cable length
|| 1.5 m
| Detachable cable
| On/off switch
| Net weight
|| 48 g
| Package contents:
|| ATR4697 microphone
|| 6.3 mm adapter
|| LR44 battery
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.