Binary Bots Dimm Robot Project Kit
• Build and create your very own robot and learn simple coding along the way
• Included BBC Micro:bit computer for you to program and learn
• Let Dimm guide you with your first steps in programming and coding
• Test your new found skills with a variety of activities, using sensors and LED lights
• Script your way through the simple interface with easy to use drag and drop programming
• Works with tablets and smartphones using Bluetooth
• Built in accelerometer and digital compass, let Dimm tell you which direction you’re facing
• Suitable for ages eight and upLearn to code the easy way
Learn to code using the world’s most widely used programming language, with the Binary Bots Dimm Robot. Unleash your creativity and program your Dimm robot to perform a wide variety of tasks, use the built in sensors and an array of light and sound and learn along the way.
STEM learning can be just as easy, as it is fun
The Binary Bots Dimm robot uses a simple BBC:Micro bit computer, which you program from your Mac or Windows computer using a simple drag and drop web based block editor. This means you can visually see the lines of code you are creating, making it easy to string commands together as you advance. Once your instructions have been programmed, you can load your commands into the Micro:bit and let Dimm act out your commands. Create a motion detecting security guard to scare off intruders with an array of flashing lights and sound or use the directional compass built into the BBC Micro:bit to let Dimm tell you what direction he is facing. Learning about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics doesn’t have to be dull, especially when you’re learning with Dimm!
Create your robot from the ground up
Each box comes with everything you need to create your very own Dimm robot, and construct him piece by piece. His frame can be simply put together using a few folds and locking tabs, so no tools or sharp objects or glue is needed to construct Dimm. Install a number of colour coded wires and sensors into the pre-positioned locations and connect everything up to the Micro:Bit to activate Dimm. You can even decorate him using the supplied stickers or you can add a personal touch to your robot and make him just the way you want.
Once built and connected, jump straight on to your computer and use the free online learning activities, videos and block editor to begin programming your robot. When you are confident enough you can then use your newly learnt programming skills to create numerous tasks for Dimm, your imagination is your only limit.
System Requirements & Software
|Compatible Operating Systems
|Minimum System Requirements
Windows 7 or later
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
|Number Of Included Parts
|Number Of Models That Can Be Made
Supplied USB cable / 3v AAA battery pack (Batteries not included)
Dimm Robot Kit
Wires and Sensors
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.