Blackstar Fly 3 Mini Portable Guitar Amp and Speaker
• Take this amp with you and play wherever you go with its built-in speaker
• The three-inch speaker is able to deliver 3W of sound
• Has a 1/4-inch input for connecting your guitar and a 3.5mm line-in for plugging in virtually any device in – including smartphones, MP3 players and more
• A 3.5mm headphone port out lets you plug in headphones, recording devices or mixing decks
• Highly portable with dimensions of 170mm x 102mm x 126mm (W x D x H) and capable of being powered by 6 x AA batteries
• Two selectable channels – clean or overdrive
• Patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) and delays provide you with a good range of effects to use while you’re playingWould this be the right amplifier for me?
If you’re looking for a portable amp with remarkable tone, even at lower volume settings then this amp could be the one for you. It can output 3W of sound and has been designed inside and out to ensure that you get the same tonal balance and feel of a larger guitar amp, even at low volumes. The Blackstar Fly 3 also has a good selection of effects. You can power this amp using a mains power adapter (sold separately*) or you can use six AA batteries (with single-use ones included), giving you the opportunity to listen to your tunes or play your guitar on the fly.
*Please note only use a Blackstar approved power supply, such as Blackstar’s PSU-1
What effects can I implement?
This compact mini amp is packed with a range of functionality and output options. You can change the sound of your amp with controls for gain, equalisation via Blackstar patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF), delay time and delay level. Through the use of ISF you can change the sound of your Fly 3. A full counter-clockwise movement of the dial gives you a more American characteristic sound – with a tight bottom end and a more aggressive middle, while a full clockwise movement of the dial produces a British characteristic sound – more ‘woody’ and less aggressive. Additionally, using tape delay effects allows you to make your outputted sound resonate during play.
What other connections are there?
The great thing about the Blackstar Fly 3 is that it can be used as more than just a guitar amp. The 3.5mm line-in jack port lets you connect your MP3 player, smartphone, laptop, tablet and more and use the amp as a portable speaker for your favourite tracks. You can also plug this into a recording device, mixing desk or headphones using the 3.5mm output jack, with an emulated natural valve overdrive tone produced as a result. A port at the back of the amp allows you to add the FLY 103 (sold separately) to create a 6W guitar amp setup with a stereo effect.
Combination – amplifier and speaker
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.