• Suitable for almost any guitar player, this amp has custom channels for electrical, bass and acoustic guitars as well as normal music playback
• Two three-inch speakers work together to deliver 20W of stereo sound
• Has a 1/4-inch input for connecting your guitar and a 3.5mm line-in for plugging in virtually any device – including smartphones, MP3 players and more
• A 3.5mm headphone port out lets you plug in headphones, a recording device or mixing deck
• Variety of channels (voices) available – two for bass, six electric guitar, two acoustic and two acoustic simulators
• Includes a multitude of effects to use while you are playing such as the patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF), modulation and delay
• Wirelessly stream music to this amp through the use of Bluetooth
• Built-in tuner allows you to tune your guitar with the ampWould this be the right amplifier for me?
The ID:Core BEAM is an amp that can be used as a central hub for instruments and stunning audio playback. It has been with it designed to give you optimum performance for bass, electric and acoustic guitars and music playback (BEAM). You can also record directly to your computer and stream wirelessly with Bluetooth. Custom designed speakers, separate speaker enclosures and the sealed and ported construction all contribute to delivering a fantastic 20W of sound with low end punch for bass, chiming cleans on the acoustics and crushing electric tones, as well as stereo definition when streaming.
Super wide stereo technology provides you with an immersive audio experience, so you’ll feel like the music is playing all around you. When it’s time to play you’ll get the same room-filling sound and you can select various channels (voices) for electric, bass and acoustic guitars – two bass, six electric guitar, two acoustic and two acoustic simulators.
What effects can I implement?
A plethora of effects are available for you to choose from while using the ID:Core BEAM. Overall it has 12 effects, with four effects for each effect category – modulation, delay and reverb (or distortion when using bass voices). Equalisation can also be controlled via Blackstar’s patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF), with movement of the dial changing the overall perceived sound. A full counter-clockwise movement of the dial gives you a more American characteristic sound – with a tight bottom end and a more aggressive middle, while a full clockwise movement of the dial produces a British characteristic sound – more ‘woody’ and less aggressive.
What other connections are there?
Aside from the 1/4-inch input port for your guitar, there is also a 3.5mm line-in port for you to play your own music from a smartphone, MP3 player, laptop and tablet (or any other audio device that has a 3.5mm output connection). This allows you to enjoy your favourite tunes through the ID:Core BEAM’s impressive speakers. What’s more, if you have a Bluetooth enable device, you can wirelessly stream music to the amp and listen to it without the hassle of cables. You’ll have the option to play along to tracks as well.
The 3.5mm output jack lets you plug in headphones, recording devices, PA systems or mixing desks and outputs sound with the tonal characteristics of a speaker cabinet emulated. Through the USB port, you can plug the supplied USB cable in and connect the amp to a Windows PC or Mac to record your music. Alternatively, you can use Blackstar’s free Insider software for extended effects and storing of patches.
Are there more features?
The amplifier itself can act as a tuner for your guitar, with voice LEDs indicating the closest note being played and the modular, delay and reverb LEDs showing you whether the note is too sharp, in tune or flat. This provides you with an all-in-one unit that you can use to start playing your guitar through, as well as using it to tune your guitar.