• Enjoy energetic, fun flying with excellent video capabilities for up to 15 minutes at a time
• Without a permit, the legal range for a drone to fly is below 120m and always in the line of sight from the operator
• Check out The Drone Code or The IAA (ROI) for everything you need to be aware of when flying your drone
• Fantastic quality EFC-721 720p HD camera for superior video footage, with up to 32GB of storage
• Mast-mounted GPS antenna for enhanced GPS accuracy and performance
• Advanced SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology
• Requires 5GHz Wi-Fi to be supported on smart phone or tablet
• Smart flight mode, with GPS and altitude holding capabilities and stick relative controls
• AP (Aerial Photography) mode for quicker response times and faster panning
• Return home function forces aircraft to return to take-off point and lands autonomously
• 3S 3000mAh 11.1V 30C lithium-polymer battery
• Includes battery charger and AC adapter
• Also includes Spektrum™ DX4 transmitter
• Requires AA batteries (included)Is this the right drone for me?
This Glimpse XL drone is a fantastic choice for any budding drone enthusiast or experienced user alike. With a plethora of excellent features and design elements, the Glimpse XL is certainly the next big thing.
SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology makes this drone incredibly simple to use, in fact so easy that even if this is your first time flying a quadcopter, you’ll look like you’ve been at it for years. Two flight modes are included, smart mode and aerial photography mode.
Both flight modes are self-levelling, and utilise GPS and altitude sensors to accurately hold a stable position while hovering. This drone must be set up outside to get a GPS lock.
Aerial photography mode is for more experienced pilots, however with time anyone can use this mode with ease. Response from stick inputs remains smooth and predictable to ensure that tracking and panning shots look fantastic.
However if you’re new to quadcopters, then you have nothing to worry about, as smart mode caters to your needs excellently.
How easy is it to fly?
Smart mode is mainly aimed towards beginners and has a number of features designed to aid learners with their drone flying.
One feature is that of stick relativity. What this means is that regardless of which way the drone is facing, whichever direction the sticks are pushed in – the drone will move. This gets rid of a common problem that new flyers face, which is determining which way the drone is facing.
The other main feature is the SAFE circle barrier, which prevents the pilot from flying too close to his or herself and people near you. For new flyers who may still be getting their bearings in regards to drone control, this is a fantastic safety feature.
What other features should I know about?
Another great feature is the return home function. At the push of a button, the quadcopter will automatically fly back to its take-off location, and land by itself in front of you.
The included camera is able to record HD 720p footage and is capable of 1.3MP still images. It has a microSD card slot which can support up to 32GB of footage, as well as being extremely lightweight so that it doesn’t impede flying at all.
Are spare parts available for this Drone?
Spare blades, Order Code: A38UF
Spare Battery, Order Code: A29TQ
Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website and The Drone Code for full information on safe and responsible flying.
The CAA (UK)
The IAA (ROI)
The Drone Code
Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.