Blue Mikey Condenser Lightning Mounted Microphone
• Condenser microphone that records directly to an iPhone 5 or iPhone 6
• Portable mic that plugs straight into lightning connector
• Cardioid design to detect audio from a specific direction, isolating background noise to give you a higher quality sound
• Lightning connector into phone, 6.35mm connector for instruments
• USB socket included to charge built-in rechargeable batteryWhat is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones used in recordings. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using power directly from your phone, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has a cardioid polar pattern which means it is more sensitive to sounds at the front of the microphone and less sensitive at the back. The pickup is based in one direction which makes it effective for isolating unwanted sound as well as having a high resistance to feedback.
What would I use this microphone with?
You can connect this microphone directly to any Apple product with a lightning connector. The mic uses a cardioid pattern to pick up audio from whichever direction the microphone is directed in, isolating background noises from the recording. This feature makes the microphone suitable for field work such as conducting interviews in public. It also has a 6.35mm input, allowing you to record an electronic instrument such as a guitar as well as vocals. This means you can record your performances for posterity, for publishing online or for an audition.
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.