Boundary Condenser Microphone
• Condenser desktop microphone that is ideal for recording audio such as demo tracks or interviews
• Omnidirectional & unidirectional pickup that allows you to pick up either a single person’s audio or an entire room
• 3.5mm connector with 6.35mm adaptor allows you to connect the microphone to a wide range of recording equipment
• 4m cable length to allow you to position the microphone exactly where it is needed
• A sensitivity of -63dBv to give you a good response to quieter soundsWhat would I use this microphone with?
This microphone sits directly on a stand and connects directly into a 3.5mm audio socket which will allow it to be connected to a wide range of audio equipment such as computers, dictaphones and other recording equipment. This will allow you to quickly setup anywhere with this microphone and to begin recording whatever you need. This could be an interview or a broadcast from an event to be edited into a radio or internet program or even for making audio notes as part of a project. This microphone can be set up on a desk or table top for a recording. Simply start the recording and ignore the microphone, allowing you to dedicate your concentration on the actual recording instead of the equipment.
What is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones for recording audio. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using phantom power from the 3.5mm socket, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has a cardioid polar pattern which means it is more sensitive to sound to the front of the unit and least sensitive at the back. The pickup is based in one direction which makes it effective for isolating unwanted sound as well as having a high resistance to feedback from speakers. This makes it a perfect microphone for a recording environment such as a studio.
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.