BT Broadband Extender 500 Multiport Single Socket
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A17LT
• Up to 500Mbps transfer between the powerline plugs*
• Extend the network coverage in your home for an uninterrupted connection
• Easy to install – simply plug in and enjoy a wider network coverage
• Link button included for easy setup
• Maximum range of up to 300m between the powerline adapters
• Protect your data with the 128-bit AES encryption built-into the powerline plugs
• Single socket and network cable included to add to existing kit
• Three network ports on the powerline plug to connect directly to your network devices with an Ethernet port
• Switches itself into standby mode when not in use, saving you up to 90% of your electricity usage
• BT part number: 075600
• No pairing required – powerline sockets auto-detect each other when plugged in
• Pass-through socket included to allow you to plug an additional device into the powerline socket so you don’t lose a valuable power socket
*Actual data will vary due to the network conditions and environmental factorsIs this powerline socket right for me?
If you’re looking to expand an existing powerline kit, then the BT Broadband Extender 500 is an ideal solution. It will give you a transfer speed of up to 500Mbps, and is ready to use out of the box. The three network ports allow you to connect a range of devices including computers, laptops, games consoles and smart televisions. At any one time, three devices can connect directly to this powerline plug for internet access – without additional networking equipment being required. This powerline socket is plug and play, making it simple to pair with your existing powerline kit.
The powerline plug designed to plug directly into a wall socket, and then allow another device to be plugged into the back of it – meaning you do not lose a mains plug socket while using this kit.
How would I use this powerline socket?
This powerline socket is designed to be linked to an existing powerline kit. Simply connect this powerline socket into the mains socket and press the pair buttons on the side of the powerline socket and main powerline socket, which is connected to your router. You will then be able to connect your device to this socket and receive an internet connection.
How does powerline work?
Powerline technology transfers data using the electrical wiring of the household. Plug a single powerline plug into a mains socket and it will be connected directly to the router. This BT plug will communicate to all of the other plugs connected to the same electricity supply. This set contains one socket and one network cable to add to your existing kit. The powerline adapters will communicate with each other when connected directly to mains sockets that are on the same fuse board. Additional receivers, including receivers that give a wireless signal, are sold separately and can connect additional devices to your router. For best results, choose a powerline receiver capable of sending up to 500Mbps.
Passthrough Power Sockets: