Buffalo MiniStation 1TB Portable Hard Drive
• 1TB internal storage provides you with a good amount of space to archive and store your music, picture and video collections
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0
• Thin and lightweight, with a thickness of 14mm and weight of 185g
• Includes Buffalo TurboPC EX software that can be used to boost performance and accelerate read and write speeds of your computer and this hard driveCould this be the right hard drive for me?
This Buffalo MiniStation (Manufacturer’s Code: HD-PCF1.0U3BB-EU) is perfect for anyone looking for a portable hard drive to back up or store collections of music or pictures. The 1TB hard drive provides you with enough space for approximately 17,000 hours of music or 310,000 high resolution pictures, giving you more than enough space for archiving your favourite songs or pictures. Moving these files from your computer to the hard drive shouldn’t take long either as USB 3.0 can transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
Will this hard drive be compatible with my computer?
Thankfully USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, so even if you only have USB 2.0 ports the hard drive will still operate. The only downside of using this hard drive in a USB 2.0 port would be that you do not get the full transfer speed benefits, like you would if you were using it in a USB 3.0 port. This hard drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac (OS 10.6 or later) computers, so you can plug this in and start using it straight away. Included is Buffalo’s TurboPC EX software that can be installed to boost transfer speeds, however this is only compatible with Windows computers.
| Specification table
|| 76 mm x 115 mm x 14 mm
| Connection type
|| USB 3.0
|| 1 TB
| Powered by
|| USB 3.0
| Backup options
|| Windows and Mac OS 10.6 or later
| Drive form factor
| Data transfer speed
|| Manufacturer Not Specified
| Drive Spin Speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.