Find similar products here
Cat5e Flat Retractable Cable 1.8m
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: N84JX
• 1.8 metre cable for the connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• Retractable design makes the cable extremely portable and tangle free
• 100MHz Cat5e cable improves on standard Cat5 cable by allowing for a data transfer rate of up to 1000Mbps
• Suitable for 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX and Gigabit networks
• Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure of cable helps to cancel out interference from external sources
• Fitted, unshielded, eight position eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots for use with Ethernet ports
• DHCP compliantWhat is Cat5e cable?
These category 5e (Cat5e) cables use an unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure to reduce outside interference and are typically used in networking applications. The maximum certified data transfer rate of this cable is 1000Mbps, making UTP Cat5e cables suitable for 10Base-T (10Mbps), 100BaseTX (100Mbps) and 1000Base-T Gigabit (1000Mbps) networks. The maximum length of a single run of cable can be up to 100m before a network switch or repeater is needed. Cat5e cables, as well as carrying data, can carry telephone signals for IP phones or Video.
Why would I use this cable?
Ethernet cables are typically used in creating a network of wired devices. This is commonly achieved by using Ethernet ports to connect equipment and devices to a network switch or internet router. This connection then provides you with access to a local area network (LAN) or the internet. It offers a high speed, uninterruptable connection that is ideal for gaming, media streaming or video conferencing.
|Cable designation||CAT 5e|
|Cable length||1.8 m|
|Max data transfer rate||1000 Mbps|
|Connection type||RJ45 (8P8C)|