• 10 metre cable for the connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• 250MHz Cat6 cable provides support for 10Gbps networks, or for data transfer rates of up to 1Gbps to a distance of 100m
• Compatible with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and Gigabit networks
• A tighter, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) structure with internal separator, improves the ability to cancel out interference from external sources
• Fitted, unshielded, eight position eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots for use with Ethernet ports
• DHCP compliantWhat is a Cat6 cable?
A form of cable used in structured networking, category 6 (Cat6) cables boast an improvement in attainable speeds over Cat5 cables. Cat6 cables have a tighter unshielded twisted pair (UTP) arrangement with an internal divider, which further improves reduced signal noise and interference from other close proximity cables. A higher transmission frequency of 250MHz means that these cables are capable of up to 1000Mbps over a run of 100 metres.
A faster transfer speed of up to 10Gbps can be attained with these cables, but only at a reduced maximum length of 55 metres. Cat6 cables are backwards compatible with 10Base-T (10Mbps) and 100Base-TX (100Mbps) networks.
Why would I use this cable?
Ethernet cables are typically used in creating a network of wired devices. This is commonly achieved by using Ethernet ports to connect equipment and devices to a network switch or internet router. This connection then provides you with access to a local area network (LAN) resources or to the internet. It offers a high speed, uninterruptable connection that is ideal for gaming, media streaming or video conferencing.
Ethernet cables are available in different colours, which lets you co-ordinate network cables from different devices. Helping you in keeping your network cables organised and tidy.