• This Celestron eight-piece accessory kit enhances the performance of your telescope.
• Includes two high-quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens that can be used visually or photographically, three - eyepiece filters, a cleaning cloth, and a case.
• With two extra eyepieces and a Barlow lens, you'll have four different magnifications to choose from.
• A Moon filter helps to dim the bright light from the Moon, making it more comfortable to view so you can see more detail! The two color filters (Red & Blue) highlight features on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
• A hard plastic carry case keeps everything safe in the foam-lined interior.
The Celestron Observer Accessory Kit is a great way to expand the enjoyment of your telescope. Inside the plastic, foam-lined carry case you'll find these accessories
- 17 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- 2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - 1.25"
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25"
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25"
- Moon Filter - 1.25"
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Eyepieces - The 17 mm and 6 mm Plossl eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 1.25â€ focuser. Each eyepiece features a four-element design with a 52º apparent field of view. The lenses are fully multi-coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 17 mm Plossl eyepiece offers a nice medium magnification view in most telescopes, and the 6 mm Plossl provides high magnifications, great for the Moon and planets, especially when seeing conditions are good.
2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - The included versatile 2x Barlow will double the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece. The 17 mm Plossl included in this kit will double in power, effectively becoming a 8.5 mm eyepiece, and the 6 mm will provide the magnification of a 3 mm. Any other 1.25"eyepieces you already have will also work in this desirable accessory, giving you even more magnification choices. Remember, high magnifications do not always produce clear, sharp results, especially on evenings of poor or moderate seeing conditions. Experiment to find the magnifications that are best for you and your telescope. T-threads are machined into the top portion of this Barlow lens, allowing a user to attach a camera with the addition of an optional T-ring. Instructions for attaching your camera are included with the Observers Accessory Kit.
Filters - Coloured filters bring out certain details on a planets surface or its cloud structure. Both planetary filters, as well as the Moon filter, can be used on any 1.25" eyepiece with the proper filter threads. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.