• Explore the sky with this refractor telescope, great for astronomical and terrestrial use
• Capable of up to 165 times magnification (90 times with supplied eyepieces) to see to Saturn’s rings and further
• Comes with two eye pieces (20mm and 10mm) to customise your telescope for the best view
• With a 70mm aperture this telescope will give you a bright and clear image
• Lower the magnification down to 10 times (45 times with supplied eyepieces) for close objects such as birds and wildlife
• Comes with an Altazimuth mount and its own tripod for stabilityDownload the free Celestron Skyportal app on Android or IOS
What can I see with my telescope?
This is a great telescope for birdwatching or stargazing. Get a great view of the moon, mars or even further or search closer to home and follow a bird in flight. This telescope also comes with two eyepieces, one with 45 times magnification and one with 90 times magnification you can get a look at just what’s out there. With an aperture of 70mm, fully coated lens and ability to gather 100 times the light of the human eye you get a clear, crisp image.
Why choose a refractor telescope?
Refractor telescopes use lenses to collect and focus light to magnify the image. The telescope is sealed at both ends making this type less prone to distortion because of air currents or dust contamination for a steadier, sharper image.
How easy is it to assemble?
Quick and simple to assemble with no tools needed, this telescope comes with a stable tripod and can be easily moved round. The tripod includes an accessory tray to store your extra eyepiece and any other essential accessories close to hand. The sky pointer can help you position your telescope to the right orientation. The sky pointer is powered by one CR1620 battery (not included).
How easy is it to align my telescope?
The AstroMaster 70AZ uses an Altazimuth mount – great for smooth and accurate movement. The Altazimuth mount allows movement up, down and side to side and is great for terrestrial use allowing you to adjust the position and follow moving objects easily. The telescope comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software. This includes a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images so you can see exactly what it is you’re looking for. Discover the universe or explore the world around you with this great telescope.