Celestron Astromaster Motor Drive
• Track stars on a Celestron PowerSeeker or AstroMaster EQ telescope with a CG-2 or CG-3 mount
• Control tracking speed to keep an object in the eyepiece for a long time for astrophotograpy
• Can be used in the Northern or Southern HemisphereWhat telescopes is this motor compatible with?
Track stars for a long time with the CG-2 or CG-3 equatorial mount for your PowerSeeker or Astromaster telescope. The motor adjusts your right ascension to compensate for the earth’s rotation and comes with two easy set up brackets, one for the CG-2 mount and one for the CG-3. You may also require a flat head screwdriver (not included). The Celestron motor powers from one 9V battery with no wires to get in the way.
How easy is it to set up?
Polar align your telescope and attach the motor, choose a star and switch the motor on. If the star you’re watching appears to move west the motor is tracking too slowly, if it moves east then the motor is tracking too fast. Tune the motor’s speed using the speed rate regulator. You can also track celestial bodies that move at a different rate across the sky like the moon. Over a long period of time you may need to make minor adjustments in declination to keep the object centred on your telescope.
|| Accessory kit
| Hemisphere specific
|| No (North/South switch)
| Mounting brackets included
|| Yes (CG-2 and CG-3)
|| 9V Battery
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.