• Explore the night sky with this compact and fun desktop Newtonian reflector telescope
• Capable of up to 180 times magnification (75 times with supplied eyepieces) to see to the moon, comets and more
• Comes with 2 eye pieces (20mm or 4mm) to customise your telescope for the best view
• Get a bright, sharp view with a 76mm aperture on this telescope
• Lower the magnification down to 11 times (15 times with supplied eyepieces)
• Comes with a built in Dobsonian mountWhat can this telescope do?
An ideal first telescope for all ages. With the 76mm aperture you can see up to the moon and further to comets and more. The telescope comes with two different lens, one with 15 times magnification and one with 75 times magnification.
Why choose a reflector telescope?
Reflector telescopes are open at one end and use mirrors to collect and focus light for the image. Typically, the apertures of reflector telescopes are larger than their refractors. This means they can see further and fainter objects and have a wider apparent field of view. The bodies of the reflector telescope can be made smaller, all while maintaining the same level of magnification. Reflector telescopes don’t suffer from chromatic aberration, colours appearing around an image, like some refractors. Reflector telescopes display the image upside down. This is normal for astronomical telescopes, but will be noticeable with terrestrial viewing.
How easy is it to assemble?
This Celestron firstscope is simple and easy to assemble then you’re ready to stargaze. The telescope can be placed on a desktop or any flat surface and with its Dobsonian style mount it can rotate on its base as well as up and down to easily point your telescope at anything you find.
Is this telescope portable?
This stylish and useful telescope is a brilliant edition to anyone’s hobby or even as a decorative feature. This telescope is lightweight and portable and can easily be moved about for the best view.
A Firstscope accessory pack is available (Sold Separately - Order Code A75LX)