Celestron LCM 60mm Computerised Refractor Telescope (Used)
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: B23QQ
Last few in store keyboard_arrow_down
• Explore the universe and the world around you with this refractor telescope
• Capable of up to 142 times magnification (78 times with supplied eyepieces) to see to Jupiter and beyond
• Comes with two eyepieces (25mm and 9mm) to customise your telescope for the best view
• Get a clear, bright image with a 60mm aperture
• Lower the magnification down to 8.57 times (28 times with supplied eyepieces) for close objects such as birds and wildlife
• With 4,000 objects in its database, the computerised Altazimuth mount can tell you what to look out for in the night sky. It also helps you find and track exactly what you’re looking for. Requires eight AA batteries (not included)
• Comes with its own tripod for stability
• Use three bright celestial objects to align your telescope and use them to locate and track celestial objects at the touch of a buttonWhat can I see with this telescope?
Watch planets, stars and comets with this computerised Newtonian reflector telescope. Alternatively, you can focus a little closer to home with terrestrial viewing. With an aperture of 60mm, fully coated optics and 73 times the light gathering capability of the human eye you get a clear, crisp image. This telescope comes with two eyepieces, one with 28 times magnification and one with 78 times magnification.
Why choose a refractor telescope?
Refractor telescopes use lenses to collect and focus light to magnify the image. The telescope is sealed at both ends, making this type less prone to distortion because of air currents or dust contamination for a steadier, sharper image.
How easy is it to assemble?
Easy to use, this telescope comes in three major sections which can be assembled and disassembled quickly and easily. There is a tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials. The mount has a built-in spirit level to help you level the telescope. There are nine different slew speeds, allowing you to rotate the telescope to observe different areas of the sky. The LCM can be powered by eight AA batteries (not included).
Can this telescope track?
Locate three bright objects in the night sky and the computerised telescope can orientate itself, calculating its own location, time and date. Use the backlit LCD display on the hand control to browse through its database of 4,000 objects, before locating and tracking your celestial object across the night sky. You can use the Sky Tour function and your LCM telescope will give you a list of the best objects to view so you don’t miss a thing. The 114 LCM comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
|Telescope model number||Celestron 60 LCM|
|Focal length||700 mm|
|Focal length of eyepiece 1||25 mm|
|Magnification of eyepiece 1||28 x|
|Focal length of eyepiece 2||9 mm|
|Magnification of eyepiece 2||78 x|
|Highest useful magnification||142 x|
|Lowest useful magnification||8.57 x|
|Light gathering power||73 x|
|Apparent field of view||1.6 degrees|
|Linear field of view||84 ft (26 m ) @ 1000 ft|
|Optical coating||Fully Coated|
|Tracking rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Alignment procedures||Sky Align, Auto Two-Star, Two-Star, One-Star, Solar System Align|
|Computer hand control||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|Power||8 x AA batteries (DC 12 V @ 750 mA)|
|Product weight||4.7 kg|
|Total content weight||8.2 kg|
|Telescope diameter||60 mm|
|Telescope length||700 mm|
|Tripod height||1100 mm|
|Mount type||Motorised Altazimuth|
|Screen||LCD 16 characters (back lit)|
|Package Contents||Celestron 60 LCM telescope|
|Motorised Altazimuth mount|
|Erect image diagonal|
|2 x eyepieces|
|Tripod and accessory tray|
|The Sky X student edition software|