Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerised Reflector Telescope (Used)
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: B42QR
About this product
• Explore the universe and the world around you with this Newtonian reflector telescope
• Capable of up to 306 times magnification (62 times with supplied eyepieces) to see to Saturn’s rings and beyond
• Comes with two eyepieces (25mm and 9mm) to customise your telescope for the best view
• Get a clear, bright image with a 130mm aperture
• Lower the magnification down to 19 times (26 times with supplied eyepieces)
• With 4,000 objects in its database, the computerised Altazimuth mount can tell you what to look out for in the night sky. It also helps you find and track exactly what you’re looking for. Requires eight AA batteries (not included)
• Comes with its own tripod for stability
• Use three bright celestial objects to align your telescope and use them to locate and track celestial objects at the touch of a buttonDownload the free Celestron Skyportal app on Android or IOS
What can I see with this telescope?
See the rings of Saturn, Jupiter’s Red spot or track the stars across the night sky with this amazing computerised mount Newtonian reflector telescope. . Get a clear, bright image with a 130mm aperture and 345 times the light gathered as the human eye. This telescope comes with two eyepieces, one with 26 times magnification and one with 62 times magnification.
Why choose a reflector telescope?
Reflector telescopes are open at one end and use mirrors to collect and focus light for the image. Typically, the apertures of reflector telescopes are larger than their refractors. This means they can see further and fainter objects and have a wider apparent field of view. The bodies of the reflector telescope can be made smaller, all while maintaining the same level of magnification. Reflector telescopes don’t suffer from chromatic aberration, colours appearing around an image, like some refractors. Reflector telescopes display the image upside down. This is normal for astronomical telescopes, but will be noticeable with terrestrial viewing.
How easy is it to assemble?
This telescope is easy to use as it can be assembled and disassembled quickly and easily. There is a tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials. There are nine different slew speeds, allowing you to rotate the telescope to observe different objects in the sky. The LCM can be powered by eight AA batteries (not included). The auxiliary port can be used for additional accessories such as the GPS accessory (not included). The finderscope runs off a single CR2032 (included).
Can this telescope track?
Locate three bright objects in the night sky and the computerised telescope can orientate itself, calculating its own location, time and date. Use the hand control to browse through its database of 4,000 objects, before locating and tracking your celestial object across the night sky. You can use the Sky Tour function and your LCM telescope will give you a list of the best objects to view so you don’t miss a thing. The 114 LCM comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
|Telescope model number||Celestron NexStar 130SLT|
|Focal length||650 mm|
|Focal length of eyepiece 1||25 mm|
|Magnification of eyepiece 1||26 x|
|Focal length of eyepiece 2||9 mm|
|Magnification of eyepiece 2||62 x|
|Highest useful magnification||306 x|
|Lowest useful magnification||19 x|
|Light gathering power||345 x|
|Apparent field of view||1.7 degree|
|Linear field of view||91 ft @ 1000 ft|
|Tracking rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Alignment procedures||Sky Align, Auto Two-Star, Two-Star, One-Star, Solar System Align|
|Computer hand control||Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable|
|Power||8 x AA batteries (DC 12 V @ 750 mA)|
|Product weight||8.5 kg|
|Total content weight||14.1 kg|
|Telescope diameter||130 mm|
|Telescope length||610 mm|
|Tripod height||1250 mm|
|Mount type||Motorised Altazimuth|
|Screen||LCD 16 characters (back lit)|
|Package Contents||Celestron 130SLT telescope|
|Motorised Altazimuth mount|
|2 x eyepieces|
|Tripod with accessory tray|
|The Sky software|