• Explore the universe and the world around you with this refractor telescope
• Capable of up to 118 times magnification (with the supplied eyepieces) to get a great view of the moon and further
• Comes with three eyepieces (20mm, 12mm and 4mm) and a 3 times Barlow lens
• Get a clear, bright image with a 50mm aperture
• Reduce the magnification down to 7.14 times (30 times with supplied eyepieces) for close objects such as birds and wildlife
• Comes with an Altazimuth mount and its own tripod for stability
• Two year manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind (proof of purchase required)What can I see with this telescope?
This is a great starter telescope for stargazing or watching wildlife. Easily follow boats sailing or birds in the air with this telescope or get a close up view of the moon. It can reach magnifications of up to 118 times for astronomy uses. Get a bright, clear image with 50mm aperture, up to 51 times the amount of light collected as the human eye and a fully coated lens. This telescope also comes with three eyepieces with 30, 50 and 150 times magnification and a three times Barlow lens which can be used with any of the eyepieces.
Why choose a refractor telescope?
Refractor telescopes use lenses to collect and focus light to magnify the image. The telescope is sealed at both ends making this type less prone to distortion because of air currents or dust contamination for a steadier, sharper image. When you look through the eyepiece without a diagonal (an attachment between the telescope and eyepiece) the image will be completely inverted. The diagonal helps ensure you see the image the right way up, but left and right will still be reversed.
How easy is it to assemble?
Quick and easy to assemble without any tools this telescope comes with a finderscope and steady tripod. There is a small tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials and it’s lightweight so it’s easy to transport to the best place for the perfect image. The Barlow lens can be attached between the diagonal or telescope and the eyepiece and triples the magnification of the eyepiece.
What sort of mount does the telescope use?
This PowerSeeker telescope comes with an Altazimuth mount - great for smooth and accurate movement. Altazimuth mounts allow the telescope to move up down and side to side and are great for terrestrial use, allowing you to adjust the position and follow moving objects easily. The telescope comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software. This includes a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images so you can see exactly what it is you’re looking for. Discover the wonders of the universe and explore the world around you with this great starter telescope.