Clunk Click Gearbox
• Build a worm gear with a motor
• Change the direction of rotation 90 degrees using gears
• Learn about mechanics and gears
• Comes preassembled with a 3mm shaft
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires a DC 3V-6V power supply (not included)What can I do with this gearbox?
This worm drive and gearbox changes the direction of the rotation from the motor which allows the motor to take up less space on a chassis or project box. The compact motor gearbox is just 125mm x 60mm x 40mm and could be used to drive a model car or walking robot - your only limit is your imagination. The 3mm shaft can produce between 166 and 300 rotations per minute dependant on the input voltage between 3V and 6V (power supply not included).
What can I learn from this kit?
Learn about mechanics with this kit. Gears are used to change the output from a motor, with a worm gear the movement is changed from sideways rotation to forward and backwards rotation. The motor can be run in either direction by reversing the polarity of the input. See what you can make around this motor and worm drive.
| Number of included parts
| Number of experiments that can be made
| What can be made?
|| Worm drive and motor
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
| Power supply requirements
|| DC 3 V - 6 V
|| 125 mm x 60 mm x 40 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.