• Build a worm gear with a motor
• Change the direction of rotation 90 degrees using gears
• Learn about mechanics and gears
• Comes preassembled with a 3mm shaft
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires a DC 3V-6V power supply (not included)What can I do with this gearbox?
This worm drive and gearbox changes the direction of the rotation from the motor which allows the motor to take up less space on a chassis or project box. The compact motor gearbox is just 125mm x 60mm x 40mm and could be used to drive a model car or walking robot - your only limit is your imagination. The 3mm shaft can produce between 166 and 300 rotations per minute dependant on the input voltage between 3V and 6V (power supply not included).
What can I learn from this kit?
Learn about mechanics with this kit. Gears are used to change the output from a motor, with a worm gear the movement is changed from sideways rotation to forward and backwards rotation. The motor can be run in either direction by reversing the polarity of the input. See what you can make around this motor and worm drive.