The joint administrators are Data Controllers of personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will act as Data Processor on their instructions. Personal data will be kept secure and processed only for matters relating to the administration.
Connectix Cat6a SFTP Ethernet Patch Cable 0.5m - Yellow
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A28RB
• 0.5 metre cable for connection of network devices to a switch or network router
• 500 MHz Cat6a cable allows for a data transfer rate of up to 10Gbps over a distance of 100 metres
• Compatible with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, Gigabit and 10GBase-T networks
• Screened, foiled twisted pair (SFTP) uses foil braid and individually wrapped wires with solid cores, maximise the cables ability to prevent crosstalk and outside interference
• Fitted and shielded eight position, eight contact (8P8C) RJ45 connectors with strain relief boots and snag resistant clips for use with Ethernet ports
• Conforms to ANSI/TIA 568-C Category 6a as well as DHCP compliantWhat is a Cat6a cable?
Cat6a is a form of cable used in high speed, structured networking environments. Category 6a (Cat6a) outperforms Cat6 cables with improved shielding and the ability to maintain a higher transfer speed over distance. Cat6a cables use internal shielding on the cable, as well as individually wrapped wires to provide minimal interference and prevent crosstalk from entering. Due to this, the diameter of the cable is slightly larger than its Cat6 and Cat5e counterparts. A higher transmission frequency of 500MHz means that these cables are capable of speeds of up to 10Gbps over a run of 100 metres when used on 10GBase-T networks.
Cat6a cables are backwards compatible with 10Base-T (10Mbps), 100Base-TX (100Mbps) and Gigabit (1000Mbps) networks.
Why would I use this cable?
This cable would be best used to maximise the speed of a 10GBase-T networking environment, as Cat6a cables can handle a large amount of data. These networks would typically be found in large office or workspace areas where many computers need high speed wired connections. Cat6a cables are available in different colours, which lets you co-ordinate network cables from different devices.
Cat6a cables can also be used in a home network in preparation for 10GBase-T (10Gbps) networks, only installations with CAT6a cabling will be able to take advantage of this faster bandwidth.
|Cable length||0.5 m|
|Max data transfer rate||10Gbps (100 m)|
|Connection type||Shielded RJ45 (8P8C)|