• Make an amazing roller coaster ball run
• Have fun building and playing with this roller coaster run
• Runs off two AA batteries (sold separately - Order Code L43AL)
• Learn about forces, momentum, speed and acceleration
• With 34 parts there’s plenty of fun to be had in constructing the run
• Suitable for children aged 8+
• Mix and match components with other kits in the Connex range
What does this roller coaster do?
Learn forces and momentum the fun way with this Connex roller coaster. Create a roller coaster complete with mechanical lift and conveyer belt steps powered from a single gearbox motor (which requires two AA batteries sold separately Order Code <L43AL> to run). Let the ball race through the run with the two different paths.
What does this teach?
Children will learn about the different forces acting on a ball - from gravity to momentum and friction. Show speed and acceleration through play. Demonstrate that the ball can go uphill for short length with its momentum and that the ball gains energy from gravity falling from the lift. The Connex 38608 comes in a handy storage box that doubles as the platform for building the run on. No soldering is required with this kit, all the components can be connected using the supplied wires fitting into the springs on the board. Create different triggers for your run by mixing components with other Connex kits.
This kit should be used with adult supervision and assistance, and is suitable for children aged eight and above.