• Make an amazing ball collector game for 1-2 people
• Have fun building and challenging your friends and family with this game of skill and timing
• Learn about forces, electronics and prediction
• With 57 parts there’s plenty of fun to be had in constructing the stadium
• Suitable for children aged 8+
• Runs off two AA batteries (sold separately - Order Code L43AL)How do you play the space ball collector game?
Who can get the most balls landed safely? This is a game of skill where timing is everything. Launch your balls down the run with the aim of getting the most balls into the centre to win. You have to be able to predict where the spaceship will be when your ball reaches the end of its run and time it exactly or watch it fall to the base instead of the centre. With three different speeds and two different runs there are plenty of challenges here for everyone’s skill level.
What does this teach?
Learn about electronics and forces by building this game from the 57 piece kit. The circuit demonstrates how a motor works. This is also a great example of changing the direction of rotation 90 degrees using a rack and pinion system the motor can rotate the spaceships platform. The launchers use springs to force the balls up and when released show how gravity works to pull them down the run. Use the two different runs to show how acceleration and speed can be changed by friction.
Build and play with Connex
The Connex 38609 comes in a handy storage box that doubles as the platform for building the run on. No soldering or glue is required with this kit, all the components can be connected using the supplied wires fitting into the springs on the board and the pieces slot together.
This kit should be used with adult supervision and assistance, and is suitable for children aged eight and above.