Glossy Piano Black Front with Silver finish, 500w... Read More
Corsair CX500M 500W Semi-Modular ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: N13NU
About this product
- 500W of continuous power is fantastic for mid to high-end systems that are running off one graphics card
- ATX form factor allows the power supply to be connected to almost any motherboard and fits in most standard cases
- Semi-modular design means you only use the cables you require, improving airflow
• 500W of continuous power is fantastic for mid to high-end systems that are running off one graphics card
• ATX form factor allows the power supply to be connected to almost any motherboard and fits in most standard cases
• Semi-modular design means you only use the cables you require, improving airflow
• Produces 32dBA at full load for a whisper quiet computing experience
• 85% efficient with a 80 PLUS bronze rating, providing you with a very efficient power supply
• Manufacturer part number: CP-9020059-UKWhat can I run from this power supply?
This 500W power supply will be able to power your mid to high-end computer system without an issue. It is extremely efficient and runs very quietly thanks to its custom-designed fan and optimised blade profile, so you won’t have energy wasted and you’ll get a quiet system too. You won’t be stuck with any components you have either, as this power supply can accommodate for future upgrades.
How quiet and efficient is this power supply?
This Corsair power supply comes with an 80 PLUS bronze efficiency rating, which means that the power supply must be at least 80% energy efficient at various loads. The CX500M is approximately 85% efficient, which means that it wastes roughly 15% of electrical energy as heat. The large diameter, thermally controlled fan makes this power supply quieter at lower loads, while the large diameter reduces noise when you're pushing your system hard. Under a full load this power supply produces 32dBA of noise, giving you a whisper quiet computing experience.
How does the semi-modular design benefit me?
The semi-modular design of this power supply comes supplied with only the necessary cables attached. In this case the motherboard and CPU power cords have already been connected to the power supply for you. With the remaining cables you only need to plug in the ones that you need, improving the airflow and aesthetic look of your build as there are fewer extra cables hanging around.
|Modular type||Semi Modular|
|Peak power output||550 W|
|Sustained power output||500 W|
|Single or multi rail||Single|
|Input voltage||100 to 240 V|
|Input current||5 A to 10 A|
|Input frequency range||47 Hz to 63 Hz|
|Power factor correction (PFC)||Active|
|Output +12V (A)||38 A|
|Over voltage protection||Yes|
|Under voltage protection||Yes|
|Over current protection||Yes|
|Efficiency and standards|
|80 PLUS certification||Bronze|
|Safety certificates||CE, ROHS|
|Compliant standards||CB, TUV, FCC Class B, cUL, CCC|
|Cooling system||1 x 120 mm fan|
|Number of connections|
|20+4 pin main connectors||1|
|4-pin 12V connectors||1|
|4-pin Molex (peripheral) connectors||4|
|6-pin PCI-e connectors||2|
|Floppy drive connectors||1|
|Manufacturer warranty||3 years|
|CX500M power supply|
|Modular cable pack|