• Store your pictures, videos, music and documents within this 1TB portable hard drive
• Access files stored on the hard drive through the emitted Wi-Fi signal using the Corsair Voyager app
• Supplied with a USB 3.0 cable for charging and wired use, giving you read speeds of 120 MB/s and write speeds of 119 MB/s
• Backup and save your images, videos or files from your smart device to this drive with the Corsair Voyager app
• Rechargeable 6200mAh battery provides you with seven hours of continuous video streaming
• Manufacturer part number: CMFAIR-BLK-1000-EU
• Connecting it to your router using Ethernet allows the hard drive to operate as a network attached storage (NAS) drive
• DLNA compatibility lets you stream to other DLNA compatible devices such as smart TVs and Blu-ray players
• Wireless pass-through lets you share internet access with the mobile devices connected to the Corsair Voyager, so you still have access to the internetWhat is the storage capacity like on this hard drive?
Store all your digital media on here with 1TB of storage space. This lets you store up to 7.75 hours of 4K video at 30fps, 33 hours of 1080p video at 30fps, 250 two-hour DVD films, 320,000 digital photos or 16,300 hours of digital music. Due to the great connectivity this Corsair Voyager Air you can enjoy the content at home or on the go.
How do I connect to this hard drive?
There are a number of different ways to connect to the Corsair Voyager Air, via Wi-Fi, USB or through your router. Since it broadcasts it’s own Wi-Fi signal you can connect your laptop to it, or with the Corsair Voyager app (iOS and Android devices) you can connect other smart devices. Through the Wi-Fi signal, you can wirelessly stream up to five HD films simultaneously, for up to seven hours at a maximum range of up to 30 metres. What’s more the wireless pass-through gives internet connection to connected devices, so you don’t need to go without an internet.
Connecting to a computer or a laptop through the USB 3.0 port has the Corsair Voyager Air functioning as a normal hard drive would. Transferring the files you would like to watch, view and stream is very quick with read speeds of 120 MB/s and write speeds of 119 MB/s.
Finally, connecting through an Ethernet cable (not included, please see our range here) makes the Corsair Voyager Air operate as a NAS drive. This gives you the ability to store files through the network and schedule backups to it. Mac users who want to back up to the Corsair Voyager Air will need to reformat the drive as a HFS+ format, for Time Machine compatibility. DLNA compatibility also means you can stream any media files stored on the drive to other DLNA compatible devices, such as smart TVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, media players and more.