• High capacity 5200mAh S3 battery giving a flight time of 25 minutes so you can enjoy more of your flying time
• Up to 1,000m transmission range with CAA/IAA permit. Without a permit, the legal range for a drone to fly is below 120m and always in the line of sight from the operator
• Check out The Drone Code or The IAA (ROI) for everything you need to be aware of when flying your drone
• Automatic return to home and landing function for when you go out of range or the battery dies
• No fly zone feature to stop you accidently flying into restricted airspace
• Three-axis H4-3D gimbal for use with GoPro HERO4 giving you a more stabilisation of the cameraPlease check here for device compatibility.
How easy is this drone to fly?
The DJI Phantom 2 is unbelievably easy to fly. It comes with an integrated GPS auto-pilot system to offer position holding, altitude lock and even stable hovering, allowing you to focus on taking your pictures. Additionally, this drone utilises a ‘one key go home’ function which, when switched on the remote control, will make the drone come back to its starting point.
What does the no fly zone feature do?
The no fly zone software has been developed to stop accidental flights in restricted areas, such as airports and military bases. These zones are split in to two categories: A and B. Category A includes large international airports such as Heathrow or Gatwick and has an 8km safety zone around them using the GPS database. Category B covers smaller airports and has a 1km safety zone around them. Within a set distance this feature will stop you from flying and after a set distance it will only allow you to fly at a set altitude until you leave the area. This safety feature allows you to fly within the regulations while still having fun. For more information, and to see what category your local airport is, click here
What sort of performance will I see out of this drone?
This drone has a maximum speed of 15m/s which is the equivalent of 30mph. Add to this an ascent speed of 6m/s and you have a quick, lightweight vehicle. The 5200mAh S3 battery gives you a maximum flight time of 25 minutes and will ensure you have enough time to have fun and get some great action shots.
What does the H4-3D gimbal do?
The Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal incorporates a three-axis mount allowing you to pan and tilt your camera. Designed to fit the GoPro HERO4, this allows you to take smoother video with its enhanced stabilisation as well as having a high precision control so you don’t experience juddering movements as you film. The lightweight aluminium body doesn’t add to the weight of the drone so won’t impact on the flying ability of the drone itself.
Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website and The Drone Code for full information on safe and responsible flying.
The CAA (UK)
The IAA (ROI)
The Drone Code
Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.