DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A78TK
• Get the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone with a Remote control, camera, gimbal and battery everything you could want to start flying
• Without a permit, the legal range for a drone to fly is below 120m and always in the line of sight from the operator
• Check out The Drone Code or The IAA (ROI) for everything you need to be aware of when flying your drone
• High capacity 4480mAh S4 battery giving a flight time of 23 minutes so you can enjoy more of your flying time
• Record in 1080p giving you full HD resolution for clear videos and fantastic aerial photography shots.
• Three-axis gimbal giving you a more accurate rotation of the camera
• The Lightbridge system gives you a huge 2km range to connect your phone or tablet to so you can view live in 720p
• Advanced autopilot gives you the option to automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height as well as return to the starting position with the press of a button
• Download the DJI Pilot app to live stream your flight to YouTube so you can show of your flying ability to your friendsDownload the DJI Pilot app so you can live view your footage
Please check here for device compatibility.
What makes this drone different from the others?
The DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is vastly improved from the previous version. The range at which you can fly has been greatly increased from 1km to 2km. Double the range gives you a further field of flight making your aerial photography even more impressive. This drone has a ± 10cm vertical and ± 1m horizontal hover accuracy. Compared to the Phantom 2, which has a ± 80cm vertical and ± 2.5m horizontal accuracy, the Phantom 3 gives you a much more accurate flying position.
What quality of camera does the Phantom 3 come with?
This drone comes with a full high definition camera that gives you a maximum video recording resolution of 1920 x 1080p at 60 frames per second (fps). This gives you a fantastic looking picture as you soar through the skies, without missing a thing. For still photography, the camera boasts 12 megapixels giving you the capability of high quality shots for those sweeping landscapes. Additionally, the camera can also stream live in 720p HD straight to your smartphone or tablet. This works over the maximum 2km range by utilising the DJI Lightbridge image transmission technology.
What is the advantage of having a three-axis gimbal?
The three-axis gimbal that comes standard with the Phantom 3 gives you more stability and more control when using the camera for videoing or even still photography. The gimbal is fully controllable from the remote controller, with the dedicated DJI Pilot app giving you smooth and stable footage as you fly.
What advantage does using the autopilot have?
The autopilot feature on this drone allows you to make the most of the advanced automatic elements with the push of a button. The Phantom 3 will automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height using the DJI Pilot app and hover in the set position until you take over. As well as this it also has a return to home mode where if the battery starts running low or you lose connection it will enter its failsafe mode and return to where you initially took off from. This saves you having to search for the device if anything was to happen whilst you were in mid-flight.
Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website and The Drone Code for full information on safe and responsible flying.
The CAA (UK)
The IAA (ROI)
The Drone Code
Please see the Downloads tab for information regarding responsible flying and aviation law.
|Weight (including battery and propellers)||1280 g|
|Diagonal size (including propellers)||590 mm|
|Max ascent speed||5 m/s|
|Max descent speed||3 m/s|
|Hover accuracy||Vertical: ± 10 cm|
|Horizontal: ± 1 m|
|Max speed||16 m/s|
|Max altitude above sea level||6000 m|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 40°C|
|Sensor||Sony EXMOR 1/2.3 inch|
|Effective pixels||12.4 MP|
|Lens||FOV 94° 20mm (35mm format equivalent) f/2.8 focus at 8|
|ISO range||100 – 3200 (video) 100 – 1600 (photo)|
|Shutter speed||8s – 1/8000s|
|Image max size||4000 x 3000|
|Still photography modes||Single Shot|
|Burst Shooting – 3/5/7 shots|
|Auto exposure bracketing||Yes - 3/5|
|Bracketed frames at 0.7EV bias||Yes|
|Video recording modes|
|FHD||1920 x 1080p (24/25/30/48/50/60)|
|HD||1280 x 720p (24/25/30/48/50/60)|
|Supported SD card types||microSD|
|Max capacity||64 GB (Class 10/UHS-1 rating required)|
|Max bitrate of video storage||60 Mbps|
|Supported file formats||FAT32/exFAT|
|Video||MP4, MOV (MPEG-4, AVC/H.264|
|Battery type||LiPo 4S|
|Max flight time||Approximately 23 minutes|
|DJI Phantom 3 Advanced|