• Present during the day when there is ambient light in the room or night with 2,700 lumens of brightness
• Obtain a 60 inch screen at a 2m distance thanks to the 1.45 to 1.96:1 throw ratio
• Good square image provided by the SVGA (800 x 600) resolution and native 4:3 aspect ratio
• 10,000:1 contrast ratio builds a crisp and clear picture that is ideal for presentations and moving images
• Implementing economy mode increases the light bulb’s durability from 5,000 hours to 6,000 hours
• Multiple input connections available – HDMI, VGA, USB 2.0 type A, USB 2.0 type B, composite video, S-Video and twin phono (cinch/RCA)
• Built-in 1W mono speaker for an all-in-one entertainment device
• Fan produces 37dBA and 29dBA of sound in economy mode, great for undisturbed viewing when placed a fair distance away
• Ceiling mount the projector to reduce the amount of open space that is needed
• Wirelessly connect your smartphone or computer to the projector with Epson’s wireless LAN unit (sold separately)
• Fix a distorted picture with the automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction
• Eco menu features a host of settings that can be used to reduce energy consumption and in turn increase lamp life to approximately 6,000 hoursHow easy is this projector to set up?
If you’re looking for a projector that is portable and can be easily set up, the Epson EB-S03 would be a great choice for you. Projecting a SVGA (800 x 600 pixels) resolution at a brightness of 2,700 lumens means you can start your presentations in almost any environment day or night. A variety of connections are available, giving you the ability to connect a plethora of devices to this projector. What’s more, you can play AVI files and view pictures directly from a USB. Manual and automatic keystone correction helps to fix any image distortions, so you can set the projector up without having to spend time getting the perfect picture. The 1W mono speaker gives you good sound for an all-in-one presentation device. Included is a carry bag for you to transport the projector and, as there is no need to wait for the projector to cool down, it is quick and easy to store away.
What kind of picture can I expect from the projector?
Experience vivid colours that are crisp and clear thanks to 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 2,700 lumens output. The high lumen output also gives you the ability to present in rooms where there is ambient light, during the day or night. You get a good square image with the SVGA resolution and native aspect ratio of 4:3. There is an aspect ratio of 16:9 selectable for widescreen as well. The widescreen image will suffer from a ‘letterbox’ effect, however.
What is the maximum screen size I can get?
The throw ratio of 1.45 to 1.96:1 allows you to project a 60 inch screen from just 2m away, with the maximum possible screen size being 200 inches at an approximate distance of 8.77m. When the projector isn’t positioned parallel to the screen, you may experience distortion in the picture (keystone effect). This Epson EB-S03 projector has an automatic vertical keystone correction feature and you can manually correct any horizontal distortions, providing you with the flexibility of positioning the projector at any angle and not having to worry about experiencing a distorted picture.
Can I connect to this projector wirelessly?
No matter what kind of input device you have or how old it may be, this projector has a number of ports to support a variety of devices. HDMI, VGA, composite video, S-Video ports are available, with twin phono (cinch/RCA) ports for providing audio to the projector. A USB type B port gives you the ability to use a USB to USB cable (not included) to connect your laptop or computer to the projector. Using the USB 2.0 type A port, you can insert a USB device and play audio or videos (only AVI files supported) without the need of a computer thanks to the built-in media player.
Installing Epson's wireless LAN unit ELPAP07 (sold separately) allows you to show content from a range of devices without the need of a cable. You can project your screen over a network using EasyMP Network Projection. This means you can present from a range of computers without having to reconnect it to the projector. You can also present from one computer to multiple projectors. Epson iProjection app, which is available for Apple and Android devices, lets you wirelessly project images and documents to the projector, which makes presenting easy and quick to set up.
What economically friendly (Eco) settings are there?
Replacing the lamp of any projector can be costly. To ensure that the life of your lamp is extended as long as possible, there are a number of settings available under this projector's Eco menu. A traditional lowering of the power consumption, which lowers the brightness of the bulb and fan rotation noise, can increase the lamp life from 5,000 hours to 6,000 hours. There is an automatic lamp dimming function, and under this setting brightness is adjusted according to the image projected. This saves you energy by using only the necessary amount of light for a scene. During a presentation you may want the focus to be on you rather than on the presentation slides, you can do this using A/V mute, which hides the screen temporarily. Setting A/V mute timer on means that whenever A/V mute is on, after 30 minutes of inactivity it will automatically turn off the projector, saving you energy for if you were to ever forget that you hadn't turned it off.