• 3,000 lumens of light means you can watch comfortably with various light levels in the room, so you don't always have to watch in the dark
• 1.35 to 1.56:1 throw ratio allows you to obtain a 50 inch screen at approximately 1.5m
• WXGA (1280 x 800) HD resolution and a native aspect ratio of 16:10 gives you a widescreen picture that shows great detail
• 12,000:1 contrast ratio makes shadowy movie scenes appear clearer and live action sport events look less washed out
• Light bulb lasts for 5,000 hours normally, which can be increased to 6,000 hours under economy mode
• Various input ports available – HDMI, VGA, USB 2.0 type A, USB 2.0 type B, composite video, S-Video and twin phono (cinch/RCA)
• Watch movies straight away without needing to add extra speakers thanks to the built-in 2W mono speaker
• Fan produces 37dBA and 29dBA of sound in economy mode, for undisturbed viewing when placed a fair distance away
• Ceiling mount the projector to reduce the amount of open space that is needed
• Send content from your smartphone or computer wirelessly to the projector by using Epson's wireless LAN unit (sold separately)
• Position the projector anywhere without worrying about a distorted image with automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction
• Eco menu features a host of settings that can be used to reduce energy consumption and in turn increase lamp lifeHow easy is this projector to use?
This projector is not only easy to set up and use, it is also portable and can display in high definition with 1280 x 800 pixels projected. Watch movies or play games in rooms that have ambient lighting thanks to the 3,000 lumens output. No matter what angle you position the projector at, a straight and correct image will be ensured due to the manual and automatic keystone correction. This makes arranging online games quick and guarantees that you won't miss the start of an important sporting event. The projector has a slim, lightweight design which, when coupled with the included carry bag, means you can easily move it to a different room or bring it with you to your friend's house. A built-in 2W mono speaker provides you with an all-in-one home cinema device, further reducing set up times and the need for an external sound system.
What is the picture quality like on this projector?
Watch your media content in rooms with a variety of light levels thanks to the 3,000 lumen output, so you can enjoy your film or play your game without having to sit in the dark. In addition, the 12,000:1 contrast ratio means that very dark movie scenes or live action sports events appear clearer and look less washed out. No matter what you decide to view with this projector, you will be able to pick out fine detailing on the wide screen, with 1280 x 800 pixels and 16:10 aspect ratio being projected.
What screen size can I create with this projector?
A throw ratio of 1.35 to 1.56:1 means you can achieve a 50 inch screen at a distance of approximately 1.5m. This can be extended even further to the maximum screen size of 320 inches from a distance of 10.89m. Not aligning the projector to the space that it is projecting at may lead to distortions in the image (keystone effect). This projector has automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone corrections, which gives you the ability to position the projector anywhere without having to worry about a distorted image.
Can I connect to this projector wirelessly?
Both old and new input devices will be supported by this projector, since it has a number of ports to support a variety of devices. HDMI, VGA, composite video and S-Video ports are available, with twin phono (cinch/RCA) ports for providing audio to the projector. A USB type B port gives you the ability to use a USB to USB cable (not included) to connect your laptop or computer to the projector. Using the USB 2.0 type A port, you can insert a USB device and play audio or videos (only AVI files supported) without the need of a computer through the built-in media player.
Installing Epson's wireless LAN unit ELPAP07 (sold separately) allows you to show content from a range of devices without the need of a cable. You can project your screen over a network using EasyMP Network Projection. This means you can present from a range of computers without having to reconnect to the projector, and that you can present from one computer to multiple projectors. Epson iProjection app, which is available for Apple and Android devices, lets you wirelessly project images and documents to the projector, which makes presenting easy and quick to set up.
What economically friendly (Eco) settings are there?
Replacing the lamp of any projector can be costly. Here are a number of settings available under this projector’s Eco menu to ensure that the life of your lamp is extended as long as possible. A traditional lowering of the power consumption, which results in lower bulb brightness and reduced fan rotation noise can increase the lamp life from 5,000 hours to 6,000 hours. There is also an automatic lamp dimming function. Under this setting, brightness is adjusted according to the image projected. This saves you energy by using only the necessary amount of light for a scene. During a presentation you may want the focus to be on you rather than on the presentation slides, you can do this using A/V mute, which hides the screen temporarily. Setting A/V mute timer on means that whenever A/V mute is on, after 30 minutes of inactivity it will automatically turn off the projector, saving you energy for if you were to ever forget that you hadn't turned it off.