• Pre-assembled motherboard bundle for easy PC building and upgrading
• Features an Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake processor clocked at 3.60GHz
• ASUS STRIX Z270F gaming motherboard with best in class gaming optimisation
• ASUS GameFirst IV gives you a better, smoother gaming performance
• Z270 Chipset gives you more ports and faster PCIe 3.0 lane speed
• Includes 8GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory running at 2,666MHz
• Built-in RGB LED lighting options
• ASUS Aura Sync allows you to set up custom RGB motherboard lighting profiles such as music effect and rolling multi-colour glow
• Control the lighting of your other ASUS devices and sync them up with your computer’s internal lighting
• 3D printable motherboard accessories for added customisation
• SupremeFX audio gives you excellent audio performance, blocking electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide clear audio
• Sonic Studio III audio effects station gives you full control of what you hear and what your live stream viewers hear
• ASUS pro clock technology allows you to have full control over base clock and overclocking of your CPU
• Great for building a new gaming PC or upgrading an older oneBuild a gaming PC
The Forward Assault motherboard bundle by Maplin is a great way to build or upgrade a PC. It comes pre-assembled in the box, ready for you to either upgrade your existing hardware, or use the components together as a foundation for a brand-new build. This bundle also makes the painstaking and sometimes stressful task of PC building much easier, as it stops you having to shop around for components that are compatible with each other. The motherboard, RAM, and CPU are all carefully selected to be suitable and work well together.
The bundle comes pre-assembled, with the components fitted and ready to go. All you need to do is add the other bits such as a case, power supply etc. which you may already have if you are upgrading.ASUS ROG STRIX Z270-F gaming motherboard
The motherboard at the heart of the Forward Assault bundle is the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270-F gaming motherboard. Features such as LANGuard are designed with gamers in mind, allowing you to protect your gaming connection and deliver streamlined bandwidth where you need it most. If you hate having to wait to get into the action and loading screens are a nightmare, ASUS’s RAMCache II technology will allow you cache your gaming drive, so that your favourite games and apps can launch at blisteringly fast speeds. Full custom lighting control
Built-in lighting is a key part of any PC build these days, but in some cases, you don’t have control over it. As the STRIX Z270-F gives you access to ASUS AURA’s lighting control software, so you can create your own personalised LED lighting schemes with a click of the mouse.
The motherboard has its own LEDs built in, but you can also add your own LED strips thanks to the two on board 4-pin headers. These can then be synced to the same lighting scheme. The AURA software also comes with nine pre-set modes, including ‘colour cycle’, which cycles through RGB colours, ‘music effect’, which syncs to the beat of your music, and ‘comet’, which creates a stream of light with a tail.Corsair Vengeance LPX memory
The Forward Assault bundle comes with 8GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory. This type of memory gives you much better gaming performance compared to DDR3, as it can deal with higher bandwidths while using less power. The discreet aluminium heat spreader design also allows your memory to dissipate heat effectively and efficiently, without cutting corners on performance. DDR4 is a good choice for gaming as it allows you to play games with more intense physics simulations and lets you multi task and do other things alongside gaming.
If you require any other PC Components for your build, they are available here:Internal Hard DrivesPC CasesPower SuppliesPC Accessories