• Create your own retro looking FM radio
• Build and solder a radio to listen to your favourite FM channels
• Learn about how electronics and radios work
• Includes 18 components to play and learn with
• Suitable for ages 14+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (sold separately, Order Code L43AL)What can I listen to with this radio?
Create your own retro FM radio with this great electronic kit. The kit comes with everything you’ll need to build the radio with a detailed instruction booklet. With 18 components have fun soldering and assembling the kit then relax to the sounds of your favourite music on FM radio. FM radios broadcast on very high frequencies or VHF which can be transformed back to music by your FM radio.
How do I put it together?
Learn electronics and try your hand at soldering. Some of the components are already attached to the board but there are also some components and connections to solder. Use the capacitors, resistor, potentiometers, microphones, speakers and more to create your detector. The detector had two knobs on the front - one controls the frequency (with a range between 87.5MHz and 108MHz) which you use to find the specific frequency the radio channel broadcasts on and the other controls the volume of the speakers.