Franzis Raspberry Pi for Kids Kit
• Create up to seven different projects using a host of components and connectors for use with the Raspberry PI (not included)
• Build open circuits with resistors, illuminate LEDs, connect with jumper leads and even modelling clay
• Step into the realm of electronics and learn about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
• Open your mind and create circuits using 38 individual parts and an easy to read 128 page step by step instruction booklet
• Control lightbulbs, create simple LED displays and even become one with the circuit you are creating
• Evolve your knowledge of circuitry and programming, for ages 14 and upWhat can I do with this kit?
With a 128 page booklet full of colourful and easy to follow instructions, you can learn and create with your Raspberry Pi. Compatible with the separately-sold Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi 2, this kit guides you through setting up, programming and using your Raspberry Pi. Experiment with clay as an input, becoming the controller in anything from lighting a bulb to creating a gamepad. This kit comes with an instruction booklet, CD and components to help you explore the possibilities.
What can I learn from this kit?
Get creative with your Raspberry Pi and learn how to program. Explore building circuits with components like LEDs and resistors. There’s no need to solder the components, as they slot into the two supplied breadboards. You can even become part of the circuit – as circuits work by needing a complete loop for electricity to travel through, and the model clay supplied has enough conductivity for you to close the circuit by touching them.
Where can I go with this?
With two breadboards and plenty of ideas, you can use the basics taught in this kit to create your own projects or add to existing ones. You could even add a case or enclose and keep your favourite setup to show everyone.
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi (not included) is a computer the size of a credit-card which is great to use for creating hardware and software projects. They are able to connect to real world objects such as the LEDs and LCD screen included in this kit.
The Raspberry Pi connects to a TV or monitor via the HDMI and composite video output on the board. It connects to the components included in this kit using its GPIO (general purpose input output) pins. It also connects to USB devices such as keyboards and mice and USB hubs for more USB connectivity. If you would like to connect the Raspberry Pi to the internet or network, many models have a 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, providing this capability.
| Green LEDs
| Red LEDs
| Yellow LEDs
| Blue LEDs
| RGB LEDs
| 220 Ohm resistor
| 22MOhm resistor
| Jumper wire
| Connection leads
| Cables with alligator clips
| Modelling clay
|| 3 (1 x red, 1 x yellow, 1 x blue)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.