• Create your own retro looking FM radio with touch controlled scanning
• Build and solder a radio to listen to your favourite FM channels
• Learn about how electronics and radios work
• Includes 18 components to play and learn with
• Suitable for ages 14+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (sold separately, Order Code L43AL)What can I listen to with this radio?
Calling all radio fans: you can now create your very own retro style radio with this fun electronic kit. The kit comes with everything you’ll need to solder a working FM radio. Build the radio with 18 components before relaxing to your favourite FM channels. You can fully control your radio with a touch, with this radio possessing tuning, reset and mute touch sensitive control areas. Select from a frequency range of 87.5MHz to 108MHz and find your preferred radio channel.
How do I put it together?
With this kit, you can learn electronics and try your hand at soldering. Some of the components are already attached to the board, but there are also some components and connections that you’ll need to solder. Use the capacitors, resistor, potentiometers, speakers and more included in this kit to create your detector. The detector has a knob on the front, with which you can control your volume. The radio has four touch sensitive areas, work using the skin moisture and have pre-drilled holes if you want to connect up push switches (not included) instead.