• 4.3 inch dual orientation display for easy viewing from your dashboard
• Sat Nav is preloaded with detailed maps of the UK and Republic of Ireland
• Free lifetime map updates to ensure that your Sat Nav is never out of date
• Built-in driver alerts for increased awareness, which include upcoming sharp curves, speed changes, school zones and more
• Garmin’s ‘real directions’ feature guides you like a local, using landmarks and traffic lights
• ‘Direct access’ feature allows you to navigate to a complex destination such as a location within an airport or shopping centre
• Garmin BC30 backup camera and Garmin babyCam can be linked to this Sat Nav (sold separately)
• Manufacturer part number: 010-01956-32What makes this Sat Nav special?
This Sat Nav comes with a 4.3 inch dual orientation screen for easy positioning on your dash board. It is preinstalled with maps for the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The Garmin Drive 40LM warns the driver of potential hazards such as speed changes, sharp curves, school zones and more with its built-in driver alerts.
The ‘real directions’ feature gives you instructions like a local would, referencing local sights and reference points to guide your journey more effectively. The built-in ‘direct access’ feature allows you to navigate around large built-up buildings to allow for easy navigation to your final destination such as a particular store in a shopping centre.
Which countries can I use this Sat Nav in?
This Sat Nav comes with maps of the UK, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland pre-installed. You can upgrade the Garmin Drive 40LM by installing additional maps onto a microSD memory card and inserting this into the Sat Nav. Standard microSD cards can be used as map upgrades, and can be purchased from the Garmin website. Garmin also sell microSD cards with maps pre-installed on them, which can also be installed directly.
Can I update this Sat Nav?
This Sat Nav comes with free lifetime map updates. To make use of this, simply download the Garmin Express software, connect your Sat Nav to your computer with the supplied USB cable and the software will do the hard work for you.