• Bright, five-inch display with dual orientation and pinch-to-zoom display – giving you a perfect image of your route
• Detailed maps of Western Europe, with free lifetime map updates
• Free Garmin digital traffic software built-in to adjust your ETA, provide alternative routes, indicate traffic situations on the map onscreen and give audible and visual advisories to tell you what’s up ahead
• Bluetooth hands-free calling to allow you to answer phone calls while on the move
• Get driver alerts for increased awareness, including upcoming sharp curves, speed changes and more
• Customisable smartphone notifications let you display calls, texts and other app alerts on your Sat Nav (you need to install an app on your phone for this feature)
• Reversing and baby cameras also available to purchase from Garmin, that will link to this Sat Nav
• Manufacturer part number: 010-01539-2AWhat makes this Sat Nav unique?
The Garmin DriveSmart 50LMT-D is fitted with free Garmin digital traffic software, which makes driving much easier from the moment it leaves the box. The software uses DAB technology to download the latest traffic news, and update your route accordingly to keep your travel time to a minimum. Driver alerts are built-in to encourage safer driving – warning you of what might be ahead, such as sharp curves, railways crossings, speed cameras and more.
The Garmin DriveSmart 50LMT-D is fitted with a bright five-inch screen which can be mounted on your windscreen horizontally or vertically, allowing you to fit the Sat Nav in the perfect position for use.
The Sat Nav can be linked to your smartphone via Bluetooth, allowing you to receive calls, view text messages and even calendar reminders without taking your hands off the steering wheel. The Garmin DriveSmart 50LMT-D will do this while guiding you on your journey using recognisable landmarks and directions such as "turn right at the red building." The ‘direct access’ feature allows you to select a complex destination such as a specific retail store at a shopping centre, so that you can complete your journey without complications.
If you would like assistance when reversing or would like to keep an eye on the kids when driving, Garmin have designed the BC30 Wireless Backup Camera and the babyCam (both sold separately, direct from Garmin) – both of which can be linked directly to your Garmin DriveSmart 50LMT-D Sat Nav.
Can I update this Sat Nav?
This Sat Nav comes with free lifetime map updates. To make use of this, simply download the Garmin Express software, connect your Sat Nav to your computer with the supplied USB cable and the software will do the hard work for you.
Which countries can I use this Sat Nav in?
This Sat Nav has maps of Western Europe pre-installed. These countries are:
• France (incl. French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy)
• San Marino
• The Netherlands
• Republic of Ireland
The Sat Nav can be upgraded by installing additional maps onto a microSD memory card and inserting this into the Sat Nav. Standard microSD cards to be used as map upgrades can be purchased from the Garmin website. Garmin also sell the maps pre-installed onto microSD cards, which can be installed directly.