• Plugs into your speaker and allows you to cast your favourite music over Wi-Fi
• Enjoy more than 30million songs from music services and apps, such as Google Play music, Deezer and Spotify
• Uninterrupted music playback even if you leave the room or use your phone for other functions while streaming to a speaker
• Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi receiver for connecting wirelessly to your network and supplies you with ultra-fast streaming capabilities
• Compatible with Wi-Fi enabled iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Mac and Windows laptops and Chromebook
• Can be fitted onto speakers that have an aux or 3.5mm jack and speakers with twin phono (RCA) and optical inputs using appropriate adapters (sold separately)Special features
• Built with portability in mind, the device is compact and light, so you can move it from room to room for use with other speakers
• Using a number of Chromecast Audio devices group speakers together with multi-room for playing the same song on multiple speakersWhat can I do with the Google Chromecast Audio?
The Chromecast Audio is a compact device which plugs into your speaker for streaming music over Wi-Fi. Cast the music you love from your smart device via music services like Google Play music, Deezer and Spotify, with more apps being added all the time, there is no end to the amount of music, radio stations and podcasts you can enjoy. There is support for lossless high-resolution audio, which is better than CD-quality sound, so you can listen to your favourite artists the way they were meant to be heard. Additionally, since you music is streamed from the cloud it won’t drain your battery or get in the way of other activities. You can answer a call, browse the web, play a game or even leave the room – all without interrupting your casted music.What is the Google Chromecast Audio compatible with?
Chromecast audio can be connected to speaker systems with an auxiliary (aux) or 3.5mm jack input connection with the included 3.5mm jack cable. You can also plug it into speaker systems that have twin phono (RCA) or digital optical (TOSLINK) ports too, with a RCA to 3.5mm jack cable or an optical to mini-TOSLINK cable required respectively (sold separately, for example Order Code: A77NU
or Order Code: A00NY
). Casting to the Chromecast Audio requires a compatible device, with the following Wi-Fi-enabled smart devices compatible: Android 4.1 or later smartphone and tablets; iOS 7.0 or later iPhone, iPad and iPod devices; Chrome browser for Mac and Windows computers and laptops; and Chrome OS.How do I control the Chromecast audio?
Your phone is the remote with Chromecast Audio, just tap the cast button on your compatible music app to hear them on your speaker. Search, play, pause, queue songs and turn up the volume from your phone anywhere in the house. If your app isn’t cast-enabled or you do not have music on your device, you can mirror audio from your Android phone or tablet to the speaker. You can also mirror music and audio from streaming websites via the Chrome browser. Friends and family can join in too, with anyone able to cast their music to your speakers using their own phone – no additional setup or pairing is needed.Can I play music to multiple speakers?
Using the Chromecast app and multi-room you can group together speakers that each have a Chromecast Audio device connect to it. As long as the speakers are all on the same network, you can stream the same song across multiple speakers.