• Ribbon cable to fit your Raspberry Pi A or B
• Easily connect breakout boards at a distance
• Flexible cable with 26 pin headers on both ends
• Useful for controls, robotics and displays
• Only compatible with Raspberry Pi models A and B
• Pin 1 is marked for ease of connections
• Easily transport your I2C and SPI connections
• Grey colourWhat does the GPIO Cable do to help the Raspberry Pi?
Your Raspberry Pi should have 26 GPIO pins, which are designed to allow you to do far more with the Raspberry Pi. The two rows of 13 GPIO pins provide both power and data transfer to the peripherals from the Raspberry Pi.
This GPIO cable allows you to connect the Raspberry Pi to breakout boards and external electronic peripherals without physical constraints. On this cable, pin one is marked with a different colour to differentiate it from the others.
How does the GPIO cable provide convenience for me?
An advantage of using GPIO pins is that there is no need to solder connections to the Raspberry Pi, so this cable extends the connective ability over 100mm. The GPIO cable also carries 5V power, I2C and SPI data so that you can control a range of devices, from robotics motors to an LCD colour touchscreen.
The GPIO cable adds convenience to many Raspberry Pi projects, and is compatible with any cases that have a GPIO slot. At only 14.4g this cable is not going to put any unnecessary strain on your Raspberry Pi or connected accessories.