• 8 GB of extreme performance memory, designed for use with the latest 6th Gen Intel Core processors using the Z170 series chipset
• Two 4GB DDR4 RAM modules running at a high speed 4,000MHz provide a substantial boost to system operations
• DDR4 DRAM technology provides you with higher frequencies, greater bandwidth and lower power consumption than DDR3
• 288-pin dual inline memory module (DIMM) that is currently only compatible with motherboards that support DDR4 memory
• CL19 latency with timings of 19-21-21-41, non-ECC memory modules
• Manufacturer model number: F4-4000C19D-8GTZ
• Innovative high quality, triple bladed, dual colour heat spreader allows optimal dissipation of excess heat produced by the RAM when under load or overclocked
• Power efficient, allowing for greater speeds, with a lower voltage requirement when compared to DDR3 memory
• XMP 2.0 profiles allow the memory to automatically run at a safe overclock when used with Intel motherboards that support the XMP feature What can I expect from this memory?
The G.SKILL Trident Z Series is aimed at PC enthusiasts, hard-core gamers or users that want the most from the RAM they use. Capable of speeds of up to a blistering 4,000MHz, this Trident Z DDR4 kit offers 8GB of memory to be used in a new system build, an upgrade of existing memory or as an addition to your system memory. This allows you to perform multiple tasks quickly, or keep up with the high memory requirements needed for the latest PC games. Achieve the capacity to render more, or utilise more RAM for memory hungry applications such as video editing or image processing.
DDR4 memory is an improvement over DDR3 memory, and allows the memory to run at a higher speed with a lower voltage. This provides better performance for your system and reduces the overall heat produced by the memory.
What is this memory compatible with?*
This G.SKILL Trident Z kit features two DDR4 memory modules with a capacity of 4GB on each module, totalling 8GB. The DDR4 design of this memory means that it can only be used in motherboards that support 288-pin DDR4 dual inline memory modules (DIMMs). The Trident Z series of memory has been optimised to work with the latest sixth generation Intel processors using a Z170 series chipset. The tested frequency of this RAM is rated at 4,000 MHz with a voltage of 1.35, and timings of 19-21-21-41. The maximum height of each module is 44mm, making it compatible with some oversized CPU coolers. Two free DIMM slots are required to utilise the full capacity of this kit.
*All ways check your motherboard or PC manual to insure 100% compatibility before purchase.
Is this memory easy to overclock?
Overclocking system RAM can be a daunting experience, whether you are a new user or familiar with the internal workings of a computer. G.SKILL memory modules are pre-loaded with extreme memory profiles version 2 (XMP 2.0). This, when used with a compatible Intel motherboard, allows the memory to automatically adjust itself to its best and safest speeds. No configuration is needed. Any extra heat produced by the increase in memory performance is quickly dissipated using the dual coloured aluminium heat spreaders.