Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1975 USB TV Tuner for Windows
• Record and watch live TV on your computer or laptop
• Works with Windows 8, 7 and XP operating systems through a USB port
• Record and pause live TV with the supplied WinTV v7 application and Windows Media Centre
• Composite video and S-video connections allow you to connect a set top box or similar devices and record from it, thanks to the built-in MPEG-2 encoder
• Remote control and infrared blaster cable supplied, so you can control the tuner from a distanceWhat channels can I receive with this tuner?
Watch a range of different channels with this Hauppauge TV tuner. It can tune into Freeview* (DVB-T), Freeview HD* (DVB-T2) and digital cable TV (DVB-C) channels. The tuner connects to your computer or laptop via a USB port and is compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP operating systems. To tune into these TV channels an aerial does need to be connected to the F type aerial connection on the tuner.
To find out what channels you can receive please click here
.What can I record* with this tuner?
A WinTV v7 application is included in the box and once installed, can be used to watch, record and pause live TV. You can also schedule the application to record your favourite shows and it will run in the background (as long as you have your computer on). The quality of the recording will be the same as it is transmitted by the TV station. For example if you are watching a high-definition channel, the program will be recorded in high detail.
A built-in MPEG-2 encoder means you can also record from an external device such as a set top box, VHS player or camcorder. They connect to the tuner through either the S-video or composite video port, with audio supported through the phono (RCA) port. This allows you to digitalise old family videos that you may have on VHS or camcorder tapes.
*Please note that you need to have a TV licence to be able to watch and record live Freeview (HD) TV, even if you are doing so from your computer.
Freeview HD (DVB-T2)
Digital cable TV (DVB-C)
Analogue PAL & NTSC TV
WinTV-HVR-1975 USB 2.0 external box
Wall mounted power supply & USB cable
Remote Control including Batteries & IR Blaster Cable
Software on CD-ROM
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements & Software
|Compatible Operating System
Windows Vista or later with 1 GB RAM
Windows XP Service pack 3 with 512 MB RAM
2.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent (minimum)
Graphics with 64 MB of memory (minimum)
Sound card or on board sound
USB 2.0 port
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.