Find similar products here
Hexbug VEX Robotics Strandbeast
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A38YL
- Build your own remote control behemoth from over 400 individual parts
- Learn about electronics and programming with this STEM inspired kit
- No need for tools or glue, this kit uses a simple snap together design
- Manually control the Strandbeast or set to autonomous mode
- Motors give the Strandbeast excellent speed and precision
- Prevent crashing into objects using a system of built in distance sensors
- LED colour changing module lights up as the strand beast walks
- One 9v battery is required for the remote while the Strandbeast requires three AA batteries
- Suitable for ages eight and up
Your very own Hexbug robot
The Hexbug VEX Robotics Strandbeast features eight legs which can be remotely powered using a system of gears, motors and sensors, making the VEX Robotics Strandbeast extremely nimble. Control your robot remotely by moving quickly forwards or scuttling backwards, you can even change direction by spinning the robot on the spot. When you get tired of controlling your Strand beast you can switch the robot over to operate autonomously! Program the brain of the VEX Robotics Strandbeast using a series of switches and with 64 programming variations, you can experiment with how your robot moves.
Build from scratch
The Hexbug VEX Robotics Strandbeast comes completely disassembled, giving you the task of creating your very own remote control robot. Each of the 400+ pieces use a tool-less locking system to hold your creation together, so no screwdrivers or glue are needed to build your hulking VEX Strandbeast. The only addition needed to complete your RC robot is power as batteries are sold separately.
Learning can be fun!
Taught in schools across the country, the Hexbug VEX Strandbeast has been designed using principles based around science, technology, engineering and mathematics to let you have hands on experience building using methods in use in everyday machines. Construct each piece of your Strandbeast using simple step by step illustrated instructions and learn how every sensor, gear and piece interacts, while having fun.
STEM learning Kit
Number Of Included Parts:
Number Of Models That Can Be Made:
1 x PP3 / 9V (controller)
3 x AA (Robot)
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weightkeyboard_arrow_down