• Use the Hive Active Plug to control your appliances via your smartphone, tablet or laptop
• You must have the Hive Hub pre-installed to be able to pair the Hive Active Plug to your smartphone, tablet or laptop
• Check the on/off status of devices and switch them off remotely, also schedule up to six time slots a day for when to power your devices
• Recipes turn your home into a Smart Home with the help of your Hive devices working together to perform functions such as turning on/ off lights or heating
• Hive app is free to download on both iOS or Android smartphones and tablets, plus Windows laptopsWhat features does the Hive Active Plug have?
Control your home electrical devices from your smartphone, tablet or laptop through the Hive Active Plug. Once installed, you can manage the plug remotely from either your smartphone, tablet or laptop. With this, you can control features such as: checking the on/off status of your devices, switching them on or off remotely, and scheduling up to six on/off time slots a day.
Another feature included with the Hive Active Plug is Recipes. if you own more than one Hive Smart Home device, you can connect them to one another and make them work harder. Please note: before installing the Hive Active Plug you will need to have an existing Hive Hub pre-installed. This allows you to pair the two devices together and fully utilise the features of the Hive Active Plug.
What can you do with Recipes?
Connecting two Hive Smart Home devices means you can make them work together to perform handy functions to make your home more intelligent. For example, turn the Hive Active Plug off when a door is closed by pairing the Smart Plug with your Hive Window or Door Sensor. Tricks like this are handy if you forget to turn your hair straighteners off before you leave the house.
How do I install the Hive Active Plug?
Using the free Hive app, compatible on both iOS or Android smartphone and tablets, plus Windows laptops, you can pair your Hive Active Plug and Hive Hub together. This allows you to then remotely control the plugged in appliance via your smart device or laptop.