Hive Motion Sensor
• Send alerts to your smartphone if there’s movement in your home
• Turn the notifications off when you know you’ll be at home
• Improved look and feel
• Easy to install with improved design
• Improved battery life
• Just pair with the Hive Hub and add your sensor on the Hive appControl your home with the Hive app What can the Hive Motion Sensor do?
The clever wireless sensor sends an alert to your smartphone if movement is detected in your home, using the improved passive infrared technology. It is easy to install – either place it on a surface, or simply use the self-adhesive tabs to attach it to a wall. The modified design means improved mounting, as it will now fit more tightly into corners. There is a slide and release case to change the battery and a light sensor built-in. The sensor requires a single CR123A lithium battery, and the battery life has been improved to two years with normal use.What does the Hive app allow me to do?
Wirelessly connect your sensor to your Hive Hub and you have total control on your sensors at your fingertips via the Hive app. From the app you can turn notifications on and off, and choose how to receive those notifications, whether it be email, push notification or both. You can check the status of your motion sensor at any time, to check whether it is detecting motion or not. You can schedule up to six notification timeslots a day, so you can turn notifications off when you know you’ll be at home. Hive recipes allow you to set triggers and actions for any Hive Sensors, Hive Active Plugs or Hive Active Lights that you have helping to make your home work for you. What do I need to get the Hive Motion Sensor up and running?
• The Hive Hub
• For the Hive app you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 7 or later), a device running Android (min 4.0.3) or a Windows desktop computer running the Hive web application
• Laptop or tablet with internet access and an up-to-date web browser (we recommend minimum: Internet Explorer 10 or the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
• Hive is a British Gas innovation, but you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to buy the Hive products
Hive Motion Sensor
Duracell CR123A Lithium Battery
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.