iRig Mic Cast Condenser Microphone
• Condenser mic for live audio transmissions and audio recordings such as Skype chats and podcasts
• A microphone that has been designed for use with Apple devices
• Cardioid polar pattern for a more sensitive sound from the front while isolating ambient noise from behind the microphone
• 3.5mm TRRS connector that is compatible with a range of Apple devices
• A sensitivity of -52dBv allows you to get an excellent response to quieter sounds
• Electret condenser which uses a smaller amount of power compared to a standard condenser microphone – preventing a power drain on your smartphoneWhat is the advantage of having a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are the most common type of microphones for recording audio. They are often used in recording studios as they have a greater ability to reproduce all of the audio of an instrument or voice. Using phantom power, condenser microphones usually have a louder output but can be more sensitive to loud sounds.
What position does the condenser microphone pick up sound from?
This microphone has a cardioid recording pattern which means that the microphone records from a single direction. This will allow you to aim the direction for maximum effect to get the best sound quality and to minimise background noise.
What would I use this microphone with?
This microphone connects directly to an Apple product, such as an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and is ideal for use with a range of apps, recording interviews or voice memos. The included desk stand allows you to obtain the perfect recording position and begin creating a range of audio products such as podcasts or making VOIP calls such as on Skype.
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.