• Create a power source to plug LEDs (not included) into and a trigger switch to create a decorated picture frame
• Use with a wide range of LEDs
• Simple to solder with 13 parts
• Requires three AA batteries (not included – Order Code L43AL)
• Designed and manufactured in the UK by KitronikWhat does this kit make?
Create a power and trigger unit to make an LED display. The kit (manufactures code 2146) comes in 13 parts and, when built, outputs to a 4.5V 200mA terminal block. Set the duration that the LEDs (not included) are illuminated for using a potentiometer (or variable resistor). You can choose to have them on for a few seconds to 30 minutes. The output can drive 200mA or about 10 high brightness LEDs (some LEDs will require a current limit resistor).
What can I learn from this kit?
Learn about electronics and gain experience with soldering. This kit comes with a capacitor, resistor potentiometer, 2N7000 chip and switch. See what they do and how they affect the circuit. This kit requires soldering and may require wire cutters and wire strippers (no included).
What can I use this kit for?
Add LEDs (not included) to this kit to complete the display and watch them light up your picture frame or decorate other objects. This kit is easy to solder and can be assembled by a beginner. The LEDs can be slotted into the terminal block with no need for soldering. This kit runs off three AA batteries (not included). The batteries will last longer the shorter the LEDs are on for.