• Cable connection (RJ45) allows this router to be connected into a modem or pre-existing router to extend your network
• 1600Mbps combined wireless transfer speeds allow for web access, e-mail and streaming media on a medium sized network for multiple devices
• Simultaneous 300Mbps 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to utilise extra wireless bandwidth
• Four gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports provide fast and stable network access for wired devices
• USB 3.0 port allows connection of external hard disk or a printer for use by your local network
• DLNA media server allows access and sharing of media across your network devices
• Beamforming technology allows for a directed Wi-Fi signal. providing you with a stable, optimised connection throughout your home or office
• Linksys Smart Wi-Fi lets you access and manage your network via web browser or Smart Wi-Fi mobile appWhat can I expect from this router?
Providing your home or office network with AC wireless speeds, the EA6400 is capable of supporting medium sized network environments. Multiple users may take advantage up to 1600Mbps wireless bandwidth for web applications like web browsing, email, wireless streaming of high definition media or gaming via Gigabit Ethernet ports for multiple users.
What are the benefits of this wireless router?
The EA6400 with dual beamforming antenna provide you with a directed stable link to your wireless devices, emitting a 300Mbps 2.4GHz band which usually handles your day-to-day wireless network traffic, for example web browsing and email. A secondary 1300Mbps 5GHz band operates simultaneously to the 2.4GHz band, which will provide extra bandwidth for applications that require heavy network usage, this speeds up tasks like large file downloads or provides wireless gaming with less lag. Pairing devices to the router is simple, with a WPS one touch pairing button.
What wired connections am I offered with this router?
In addition to the WAN cable (RJ45) connection, you are supplied with four extremely fast Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide your wired devices an uninterrupted fast connection to your network. These ports could be used for devices such as smart televisions, desktop computers and game consoles and will deliver up to a 1000Mbps data transfer rate. Also supplied is one USB 3.0 port, this allows you to attach external storage drives to your network that can be accessed locally by any computer attached to your router, for example share media with the built in DNLA media server.
What network management can I use with this router?
Included with the EA6400, The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi application for iOS and Android will allow portable devices to access and manage your network. Set up restrictions to the internet to control content viewed by family or workers. Enable prioritisation on devices connected to your network by reducing or increasing bandwidth allocations with QoS controls as needed. Create guest Wi-Fi accounts which run separate from your network, keeping all your passwords and devices hidden from visitors.