Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender and Four Port Gigabit Switch
• Connect multiple wired devices to your Wi-Fi network effortlessly, suitable for a media centre or games consoles
• 300Mbps + 867Mbps deliver a high speed connection, great for streaming HD media to multiple devices
• Extend the reach of your Wi-Fi signal, eliminating potential gaps or Wi-Fi ‘blind spots’ on your network
• Simultaneous 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz provides standard and high-speed connections for your portable devices
• Integrated 10/100/1000 GBit network switch with four ports provides an interface ideal to be used with games consoles, media centres or smart televisions
• Device model number: Linksys RE6500
• Twin external antennas featuring cross-band technology, optimise your wireless traffic by simultaneously using both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands for sending and receiving data
• Connect speakers to the integrated 3.5mm audio out port and stream your music from computers connected to your Wi-Fi network
• Spot Finder technology enables you to quickly and optimally position your range extender for use Why would I use this range extender?
The Linksys RE6500 dual band wireless range extender uses AC1200 Wi-Fi to provide a greater wireless radius with more consistent, stable speeds at range. This allows lag free wireless gaming or buffer free streaming of media to your portable devices. Cross-band wireless technology uses both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands to individually send or receive data packets, rather than one band doing both, this results in the faster transfer speeds.
The external antenna include beamforming technology, which focuses the wireless signal in the direction of the device connected to the range extender. This makes the Wi-Fi signal more robust, letting you connect to the range extender at greater distances.
What wired connections are available on this range extender?
The Linksys RE6500 access point comes with an integrated gigabit four port network switch, this allows the range extender to act as a wireless bridge to connect wired devices to a wireless network. This works great with media players, game consoles, smart televisions and other devices that support a network connection.
The access point also features a 3.5mm audio out port which allows you to connect a set of speakers or a stereo system. This allows you play music directly from connected smart devices and computers.
Is this range extender easy to set up?
The RE6500 is simple to install and configure for use, with Spot Finder technology you are able to optimally position your range extender. Using a portable device such as a smart phone or tablet, the Spot Finder app allows you to see the access points signal strength in relation to your main router. Using this easy to use application you are able to eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones throughout your home.
System Requirements & Software
|Number Of Ethernet Port
Wi-Fi protected setup
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.