• WAN cable (RJ45) connection allows this router to be connected a modem or pre-existing router to extend your network
• 1900Mbps combined wireless transfer speeds allow for web access, email and HD media streaming across your wireless network
• Simultaneous 600Mbps 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps 5GHz bands provide network optimisation by allowing supported devices to run at higher speeds
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for high speed wired internet connections
• USB and eSATA ports allow connection of external storage for your network
• Equipped with 512MB of RAM that works in tandem with the 1.6GHz CPU which improves data transfer speedsSpecial Features
• Advanced 1.6GHz Dual-Core processor delivers faster speeds and easily handles multiple data streams simultaneously
• Beamforming gives your wireless connections a directed signal, allowing for a stable link to your router
• Monitor and control your home or office network through the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app
• Open source firmware will allow you customise network using OpenWrt software
What does this router provide?
This Linksys router will provide a medium-sized home or office with a connection point for wired or wireless network devices. The router can be attached to a modem to provide your network with web functionality. Alternatively, you can extend your network by attaching this router to a pre-existing router. The advanced 1.6GHz Dual-Core processor manages to deliver fast speeds and easily handles multiple data streams simultaneously, great for multi-device homes and small offices.
What can I expect from the wireless connections of this router?
Twin dual band antennas with beamforming wireless distribute a stable, channelled 600Mbps 2.4GHz signal, which is primarily used for basic web applications such as browsing the internet or checking email. A 1300Mbps 5GHz band is emitted at the same time, allowing supported wireless to use the extra bandwidth for speedy HD media streaming or online gaming. You can pair devices to this router by using the WPS one touch button. The WRT1900ACS comes equipped with 512MB of RAM, which works side-by-side with the 1.6GHz CPU to move movies, music and other large files faster. With double the memory than most routers - the data transfer speed allow you to do more, faster.
What wired connections are available on this router?
As well as the WAN cable (RJ45) connection on this router, you are supplied with four Gigabit Ethernet ports. These ports can be used to provide a stable transfer of data between devices that require high network usage, or to attach devices that do not have the capability to attach to your wireless network - smart televisions and video game consoles, for example, USB 3.0 ports are provided for you to attach external hard disks, which can be used as a central location to back up your network or store your media files.
What network management can I use with this router?
Included with this router is the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi application, which can be installed to iOS and Android portable devices. This app allows you to view network usage and set up bandwidth priorities for each device connected to your network. Provide your admins with the power to block inappropriate or distracting web content. Additionally, set up guest Wi-Fi networks to keep files and passwords safely hidden from visitors. Open source support for this router will give you the option of developing or using user created network management programs for your network.