• An alarm clock with FM radio that uses light to gradually wake you up or wind you down for bed naturally
• Different time settings ranging from 15 to 90 minute sunrise or sunset durations
• White noise setting to mask sounds that might keep you awake
• Dimmable display, bedside light functions and nightlight feature
• Helps combat the symptoms of SAD
• 2 year warrantyHow does this light help wake me?
The Lumie Bodyclock brings you gently out of sleep by slowly illuminating. This helps bring your body out of deep sleep, reducing the production of melatonin the sleep hormone, and increasing hormones like cortisol. This gives you the much needed boost at the start of your day and is perfect if you suffer from SAD.
What is Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or ‘winter depression’ is linked to reduced exposure to sunlight, which may affect your production of melatonin, serotonin and disrupt your body’s functions and patterns. Melatonin is a hormone that makes you feel sleepy, and serotonin is a hormone that affects your mood, appetite and sleep. Lower serotonin levels are linked to feelings of depression. Your body also uses sunlight to time various important functions, such as waking up, so the lower light levels during winter may disrupt your body clock and lead to symptoms of SAD and general fatigue.
How can the wake up light help combat the effects of SAD?
Using this wake up light for a few hours at a few centimetres away will help increase your levels of serotonin and decrease your levels of melatonin, this in turn will brighten your mood and make you feel more awake – giving you more energy.