• Pause live TV and record your favourite shows thanks to Freesat+ HD
• Enjoy great picture quality live or while watching recorded videos, with live footage being shown at 1080p and recordings at 1080i
• 500GB storage provides you with up to 300 hours of recordings
• Twin tuners allow you to record while watching a different channel
• OTT (over the top technology)/on demand services from BBC iPlayer and ITV Player let you enjoy shows that you have missed and not recorded
• HDMI connection transfers high quality video and audio to your TV
• Phono (RCA) and SPDIF (optical audio) ports let you connect to an external audio system
• Connect to non-HD TVs using a SCART lead (not included)How many channels can I get and what is the picture quality like?
This Freesat+ HD satellite receiver gives you access to over 180 Freesat channels. When connected to a HD ready TV via an HDMI cable, you can enjoy HD channels at up to 1080p resolution. As this receiver includes a personal video recorder (PVR), you can record your favourite programs at 1080i resolution. An eight day TV guide allows you to plan your week ahead, so you can set reminders or schedule recordings to take place. If over 180 Freesat channels don’t satisfy your appetite for TV, non-Freesat channels can be received and recorded too.
To see what Freesat channels you could be enjoying at no monthly subscription cost, click hereHow much TV can I record?
This receiver can record up to 300 hours of your favourite programs thanks to its 500GB storage. In order to record live TV, you need both satellite connections to be connected to your satellite dish. The two connections indicate that the receiver has a twin tuner, which means you can record while you watch another channel or record two channels at simultaneously. Adding extra flexibility, this Freesat receiver lets you pause live TV for as long as two hours.Does this only have a HDMI connection?
This satellite receiver can connect to older non-HD TVs through a SCART cable. This gives you an option to connect to a new HD TV if you ever upgrade, saving you money and allowing you to appreciate the higher resolutions. For audio purposes the receiver has phono (RCA) and SPDIF (optical audio) connections, allowing you to connect your receiver to an external analogue or digital audio system. A USB connection is also included, but this is only for software updates.What on demand TV services can I get?
If you have missed your favourite programme and forgotten to record it, don’t worry. This receiver lets you catch up on all of the week’s best content, through BBC iPlayer and ITV Player. Simply connect your receiver to the internet via an Ethernet cable (not included), and you can enjoy all iPlayer and ITV Player have to offer.