• 5000W continuous output
• Modified sinewave output to power chargers, heaters and air conditioners
• Two 240VAC output sockets to power several devices without additional converters
• 12VDC input from the battery using included alligator clips
• Weighing 10.8kg, the rugged mountable design (500 x 169 x 152mm) allows the inverter to be positioned out of the way
• Shutdown protection against power overload
Connect your mains devices to a car, truck or solar panel
This Maplin 12V 5000W Inverter is a converter that connects to a sealed lead acid (SLA) battery that is usually connected to a car, a truck or a solar panel. This 12V inverter can connect to the battery either through a car accessory plug or by clipping directly to the battery. A mains powered device can then be plugged directly into the inverter’s AC socket.
Power multiple devices at once
This 12V inverter connects directly to the car battery using the included alligator clips. The inverter has been designed so that it can be mounted out of the way while powering your devices. The twin mains sockets allow you to power several devices at the same time up to 5000W, such as a microwave, a halogen heater or a television, allowing you to take your home comforts camping. It is highly efficient, converting over 85% of its energy into output power. The inverter includes shutdown protection to power down the inverter if the battery power drops below a certain level.
Charge your laptop, printer or charger
A modified sinewave inverter can power devices such as laptops, printers and chargers, although some items may pick up interference from the inverter. A solution for this is to upgrade to a pure sinewave inverter. A pure sinewave inverter is used to power sensitive electronic devices such as power motors, power tools, clocks or microwaves.